View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 When will the “comic con” bubble burst? 
user

Post When will the “comic con” bubble burst?
Hello,

With the sheer number of shows these days it would appear to any outside observer that we’re experiencing a golden age of cons that is coinciding with the golden age of comic movies. Seemingly every weekend you could go to a con, especially in a place like Texas, and if flights weren’t an issue you could probably attend a large show (Wizard, Fan Expo, Reed, Heroes & Villains, etc) damn near every weekend someplace in the US. However, as anyone who goes to these shows to shop for books knows, comics tend to be pretty scarce at the average “comic con” compared to years past. These shows have evolved into a generic mutated shell of their former selves.

Its been our experience that comic sales at the larger shows have been trending to be, at best, very hit or miss. I’ve heard similar set of complaints from a variety of other vendors on different online forums. I can’t help but think that this could be due, at least in part, to oversaturation. Cons are no longer once or twice a year special events that you save up for months to attend and spend like a drunken sailor, now you go once a month and spend a few bucks. This change in spending trends is not reflected in the ever escalating vendor table fees and entry fees.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/ ... ble-burst/

Branding Motion Graphics Example

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]