View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Is the gaming generation of today a bit too soft ? 
user

Post Is the gaming generation of today a bit too soft ?
Hello,

I have been reading some of the events around EA and the Star Wars release. While I sort of understand the points made and generally don't like the idea of microtransaction the biggest complaint I could see is how long it would take normally to unlock them.

I also noticed someone posted in the football manager post on here that he won't buy the game as the demo crashed. If I look through the reddit posts and general topics I notice this trend of gamers today complaining about every single tiny issue.

If you dont like what EA are doing with the microtransactions you are free not to buy the game. I sort of hate this attitude that gamers felt that they needed to change EA or see them as an evil company that must be brought down. I am not sure quite what the fuss is about sure okay it takes 5 days of play to unlock a character surely that over the span of playing the game is something to work towards. I play war thunder and bit of the fun is grind up the trees to unlock the next plane it takes weeks, months of play in some cases. Would you not see that as a challenge ? does everything need to be easy and unlocked in a day for gamers to play these days.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t-too-soft

great explainer videos

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]