View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I'm baffled. 

Post I'm baffled.
You people know nothing about me, other than the fleeting impressions my posts lend, and yet you automatically assume that you're more worthwhile human beings than me. It baffles me, it really does.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Obviously none of us have met you in person, but this is the internet. The only impression we can get from you is what you put out here.

You suck at the internet.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:30 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Look, ImaCumGuzzler, you seemed to miss a few points that are KEY to surviving on this board. This is me being too nice.

1) Use the Rules (it's a link! it's a link!); we love 'em and we like people who follow them. That's not to say we'll suddenly appreciate your vacuous opinions if you start using the rules, but we'll have fewer things to ride you on.

2) Practice user-name brevity (for future reference; it's too late for you now).

3) Don't restart long-abandoned threads. Sunder's rule, 'nuff said.

4) Don't use the eye-rolling smiley (alas!). That's not really explained either, because much has been lost, so I'm just clueing you in. My advice is to disable smileys altogether.

5) Don't complain about being hated. People here are encouraged to hate. We're even given lessons.

Quote:
five wrote:

Let's make this easy for you, don't want you to get a headache.

We're all bitches. We have sticks up our asses. Johnny would kill us all. Whatever else the kids are saying now-a-days is probably true.

You're going to hate us before the day is through. You've got no future here. I'm not being mean, I'm saving us all the trouble. Best to pack it in.

If you don't want to be bitten, don't hang out in a viper's nest. In fact, go away or beat me Starfighting.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:54 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

A lot of us have been here for several years, so we're pretty good at judging the character of the average person after those first fleeting impressions.

My impression of you: standard newbie that dove in too fast, violated some of the board's ubiquitously stated mores, got a taste of the the malevolence-skewed honesty that we're known for and responded in a fairly stereotypical way, e.g., Nny would kill you, bafflement at our "snap" judgements, etc.

In short: you're vanilla, baby. Oh, yeah.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:55 pm
Profile WWW

"got a taste of the the malevolence-skewed honesty that we're known for"

Ah, yes, but you see, there's a difference between hard-hitting, aggressive wit that just smacks of your beautiful, hot-blooded humanity--and just being a prick. And you fall in the latter category. You stink of smug self-adulation.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Well, of course. I'll be the first to admit I'm an egotistical asshole. You'd know that if you took a few minutes to actually read the board. But as much as I love talking about myself, you posted asking why you got such a lackluster greeting from the board denizens. As I explained, you're a poster-child for nearly every newbie we've reamed over the decade or so ITM has been around. Your mistakes, your insults, your bland, unimaginitive topics of discussion, the -Lover suffix on your name, the interests listed in your profile, all the way to your mediocre anime knock-off style that everyone and their mother has a DeviantArt account to show off. See? I don't even have to come up with new insults for you.

You assume we know nothing about you, but the reality is there's not a damn thing special about you. We've seen you a thousand times before. We'll see you a thousand times after you're banned or leave in a huff. I explained away your bafflement in a fairly cogent manner, and as expected, you got uppity about it. I actually went over in my head what to say in this post seconds after I hit Submit on my last one, because I knew you wouldn't want to hear it.

But keep trying, skippy. Maybe you'll eventually say something the people here haven't heard ad nauseam. If not, maybe you should just shut up and watch for a bit so you'll know what you're getting into.

But, hey, I've also fixed several people like you over the years, so you never know. ;)

Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
regular

*claps and sings gospel music* Hallelujah amen!

Funny thing is Ame, you claim that you HAVE been lurking on this board for a while, and yet express SO much shock that we don't like you. What's up with that?

And I second the 'Your DA account sucks' bit, and move that my DA account's dad could kick your DA account's dad's ass.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:32 pm
Profile WWW

Ouch, Nacho. Funny you should go for the art. as though I were being a show-off by linking to my deviantart page. The thing is, it's funny you should label me a "newbie poster child" because I have the -lover suffix in my name. It's not Nny-lover, it's Comic-lover. You may say that that's a given on this board, but you could also shove it and realize that very few people on this planet are going to satisfy you if you have a fucking list of things they're not allowed to do.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:45 pm
Profile WWW

Actually, the innane posts you've made so far and the feeble defences you've chosen point to your newbie poster-child-ness. The lover suffix was just a bonus.

Since you claim you've known about this board for so long, why do you seem so surprised?

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

That is a good question. I've known about this board for about four months or so...I used to visit the general comics board and the Jhonen baoard most often, found interesting things there, but somehow never encountered you eviscerating anyone. I don't know how I managed to miss it.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I know it's so weird! My conclusion is that you're retarded, illiterate, or didn't miss it and thought maybe we'd like you.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:00 am
Profile WWW

I know I'm going to get slammed for double-posting, but I don' care...Nacho, it occurred to me to ask, what's noteworthy (or rather, not) about the interests in my profile? What should I be interested in to impress you?

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:01 am
Profile WWW
regular

We aren't impressed by interests. However, yours come off as very pseudo-intellectual.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:03 am
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Go through the memberlist and count how many people list art, writing, and some type of music. It's safe to assume that damn near everyone likes those things, yet almost everyone lists them! That's like listing you like breathing air or eating food. And it's not just here. The music/art/writing interest list is pretty damn ubiquitous in most profiles, so it doesn't tell us a goddamn thing about you that we couldn't already assume. If a psychic gave you a reading and told you those were your interests, you'd demand your $4.95-a-minute back!

Also, naming yourself AmeliaComicLover and then listing comics in your interests was just painfully redundant.

Your other interests were fine, though. Linguistics and biology are sexy.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next