View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Intros here! 

I've never posted on a message board before. Just never came across any I was drawn to. I may have picked a bad one to start with, but we shall see.

I disovered Jhonen Vasquez a couple of months ago. I really enjoy comics, but every time I go to the comic book store to look for something new I am completely overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of total crap that is sold to the public these days. I end up standing in front of the racks, staring and blinking, frozen like a deer in front of headlights, hoping in vain for something vaguely interesting to sense my presence and float towards me ethereally, but that never happens. One day I decided to enter some data into Amazon to see what it recommended. Vasquez stuff came up, so I ordered it. I was suprised at how good it was, because that Amazon trick usually doesn't work.

Well, I'm going to go try and figure out how to post an image under the word "newbie." Fun fact about me: I'm technologically inept... for now.

Bye.

Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:05 am
Hi, I'm obviously new. I'll go by Mia Sparrow on this site. The name comes from a book I've been writing. I never registered before because I couldn't go in the chat room and be approved, which was what I thought I had to do. Now I don't see that message anymore, so I assumed it was safe for me to register. If I'm wrong, feel free to ban me as you wish.

Anyway, I can't think of much else to say. I look forward to talking with you.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:31 pm
Hello everyone at the Bunny of Doom forums. My name is not Greg. It's Drew. Do not call me Greg, as my name is Drew. I will be an avid poster, I swear. *Salutes*

Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:52 am
Holy Mary Mother of Sweet, Sweet Cheese! I'm here!

... or something like that. Anywho, hello. My name is <insert my username here>, and just in case you're not too good with the thinking, I'm new. I've read things and such ever since I was a wee lil' meat-child, and somehow Johnny the Homicidal Maniac worked its way into my literature Pile o' Doom. Enjoying it as I did, I took it upon myself to seek out the rest of this "Jhonen Vasquez's" works. Unfortunatly, I had to endure many horrible, agonizing trials forced unto me by the great Goat Lord of Comics and Pizza before I was able to even gaze upon the cover of Squee!. I made it past these trials (the final of which involved Cabbage Patch Kids, a spatula, and some Laffy Taffy) and proceeded to read previously said author's comics. Liking them as I did, and desiring to spread my evil monster seed to more hapless victims, I joined these forums. I began typing out my vile story here, and now I'm typing this sentence... look at me go...

Anyway (hey, I'm still typing!), welcome me. And, if it's not too much trouble, WORSHIP MY EVERY STEP, FILTHY STINK-PEOPLE! I WILL RULE YOU ALL!

Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:07 am
regular

Hello, I've been quietly lurking here for a short time, and after some thinking, I registered. I've been a big fan of comics, cartoons, and the like for some time now and dabble in it myself from time to time.

Bye.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
I was first exposed to Vasquez when it first appeared on Nick. Oddly enough it was through my childs cartoon avid that I was turned on to the morbidly fascinating style that i've come find disturbingly relaxing. I've never liked comics, however I chanced upon JTHM through a work acquaintance after I mentioned in casual conversation that I loved Zim. Been a silent fan since...and the impatient, tortured selves who are realized through his hands have been a nocturnal hidden pleasure since.
I love kitties.[/i]

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:43 pm

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:35 pm

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:46 pm
Hi,I'm new here so I think it would only be proper if I introduced myself first before posting elsewhere

My name is Neb,I'm 14 (15 in a month) and I live in the hick infested state of NC.I can't say I have the best life ever.My dad,who is suppose to be my legal guardian can't even(or doesn't want to) live in the same house as me.I'm constantly picked on at school and not many people want to hang out with me...But one day I will show them all!MWAHAHAHAHA*coughs*hehe...oops...

Anyway...things I enjoy...hmm...drawing,writing,and singing.There is more to me.But I guess I'll start you off with that info.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:52 pm
* Spitelord

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:01 pm
Hello. My name is Blue and I have been lurking for quite a while and decided to finally register. Not much else to say other than I am 22 and female.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:27 am
Hey everyone, my name's Jesse. I just found the site and decided to register. That's all I suppose.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:52 pm

Last edited by Hamster on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:54 pm

My name is Casey. As of today, I have officially suffered more than Jesus. I think he should be demoted and reprimanded for being a bad martyr. I promise to suffer more profusely and cry bloody tears on cue.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Hi, I'm a clinically insane praying mantis that feeds on the hearts of gurgling flippin' flysters. If you don't know what that is...well then too bad, I don't care if you know anyway. Now close your eyes, rub your eyelids hard, reeeeally hard, and envision in your mind me talking about my hobbies and favorite bands, and how cool I am because I am in a rock band, because I sure as hell am not going to stand here and waste your time with it. And if...well, I guess I am wasting your time with this...umm...that's all.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next