View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:08 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 52  Next
 Intro reactions 
+ Regular

Are you . . . Are you gonna sing a song about gold?

**************************EDIT**************************
Did the rest of last month's newbies just give up in
desperation? Are they too timid to start new topics,
or [color=violet]Ask A Spitelord[/color]? Can Ask A Spitelord have a
sticky, so all the people who disguise simple
queries as new topics no longer need call them
"thiss ar Stupd qustn, probabaly.. " or some such
thing?

Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:02 am
Profile WWW

"In a caaaaveeerrrn, in a caaaanyon, excavaaaaaaaaaatin' fer a miiine..."

Sorry, I'll stop. I'm going to look for a new thread, as I can't seem to connect to the chat room.

-nite

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:04 am
* Spitelord

We saw you and you were poked several times, but said nothing. Then you left and I claimed I would be angry about it for the rest of the night. Half an hour later, I fell asleep, thus fulfilling my prophecy.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:15 am
Profile WWW

Did I leave before or after I got the message wot said "Stop being so mean?"

Sorry, I told you I was technologically inept.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:56 am
* Spitelord

You get that message every time you connect to #spite. Was the channel window covered up or minimized?

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:46 am
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Quote:
But yes. I am morbid. Yes, I love Nny. Yes, I am a vampire by nature. No, I won't bite you just because you want me too. Yes, I do like to bite. Anyway.... Enough about that stuff. I work at a movie theatre with a bunch of crazy people, and I love all of them.. Well, most of them. I still dislike a certain short person whom we will not name.

I am the perky goth.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
+ Regular

The most important factor in our appreciation of Vasquez--an element I feel we older folk may take for granted--is the frame of reference we had when we read his comics. While they aren't topical per se, the comics do reflect the times in which they were created, and therefore reference a great deal of prerequisite experience, aspects of cultural knowledge, and observations of social patterns that newer (and much, much younger) readers lack.

It's wrong to expect someone with no frame of reference to be able to appreciate what we do in a similar fashion. The reason we aren't all such incredible attention whores, however, remains a mystery.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Are you responding to me, or to someone else?

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Darania: why didn't you make your username Mia Sparrow if that's what you want to go by?

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:44 pm
+ Regular

[color=black] - - - - -[/color] Na-nu. [color=black]- - - - -[/color]

And I agree with you, of course, in that tytybu is a boring twat--but I felt her modus operandi needed further explanation. I'm tired of people telling us that we're just assholes. There's a reason why we like some people and dislike others, and it transcends most classically-defined boundaries of social interaction.

As for what Wic has said: right on, dude. You get to choose one name, motherfuckers. Whatever else we call you is our business.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:58 am
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

I still don't follow what your comment has to do with mine. I found what I quoted not here, but on her personal website. That isn't to say you're not making any sense. It could very well be me. Due to serious hormone fluctuations and my roomate giving me whatever virus he had, I've been a vapid twat for about a week and a half now. I just can't think straight, and my memory is shot. The most concentration I've been able to muster when people talk to me has been cocking my head and blinking a lot.

Wic: Giving Darania the benefit of the doubt, she may not've registered Mia Sparrow because it's the name of a character, which is against the rules 'round these parts.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
+ Regular

Although I sincerely treasure our conversations, let me be the first to say that cocking your head is all the attention I'd need.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:55 pm
Profile WWW

I have an iterociter in my basement. I've been using it to spy on the women's showers at the pool.

Also, let me be the first to say: teehee, 'cocking'.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:06 am
* Spitelord

Wic, I think you were essentially the second to say "teehee, 'cocking'."

Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
In responce to the question of why I didn't use Mia Sparrow as my name, there's two reasons. The first was already suggested. For one thing, it's against the rules to use a character as a name. Even though it's my own character, I decided to be safe. Also, MiaSparrow would be 10 letters and the guidelines advised against names more than 9 letters long.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:56 pm
+ Regular

What's done is done. I need to update and revise my treatise, though, if people feel I've said that they shouldn't use the names of characters they own.

******EDIT******
Dream of Old: Worship you? Does that mean we get to crucify you first?

Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 52  Next