View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Ask A Spitelord 
regular

I've used them on occasion. Nothing bad has happened yet...

Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Professor Plum, in the conservatory, with the rope.
You're generally ok using them, as long as it is in context and doesn't happen to be a repeating, endless cycle...

Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:42 am
* Spitelord

For some reason people often confuse cheerful with idiotic. One can be happy and express good will without morphing into a raving moron. The concept of boundaries seems to be lost on a large portion of the population. Subtlety and brevity can be just as effective in getting the point across as over the top assclownery and often without the painful side-effect of everyone hating you.

Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:46 pm
* Spitelord

To say what you have to say, all the while implying smiles and/or frowns and all in between, while using only words is a wonderous thang.
All the while I am saying this I know many a time my meaning has been misconstrewed and taken as serious or silly in all the wrong, and as many as the right ways. I always read with a smile and with my tongue firmly planted in my muscular cheek region and only frown when it is directly direct.
You get the gist, it's where it be, pops.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:24 am
+ Regular

I think emoticons are the ultimate cool thing to do. That's why I use at least four in every single one of my posts. Come on, people--this is the early 90s! Live a little!

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Another question: What's up with Hamster? I've noticed several posts by Hamster, all saying "gone". Is this what happens when someone is banned, or have all of their posts been edited?

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:59 am
* Spitelord

The only thing I said was, "I don't like you". Then it acted as if my view was everyone elses view.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:25 am
regular

^ Three minutes? That's impressive. Well thanks for clearing that up. It was confusing seeing all of his deleted posts; the word "gone" is permanently imprinted into my retinas.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:30 am
* Spitelord

He did that himself. No one did that for him.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:31 am
regular

He is one strange little person. I think "drama queen" would be an understatement.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:33 am
+ Regular

Midol is the greatest achievement of 20th century medicine.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Midol is just regular painkiller plus a little caffeine and another diuretic. It's not really that special.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
+ Regular

And yet, think of the countless lives it's saved--why, only yesterday I made the mistake of winning an argument with my sweetie-honey-sugar-pie; if not for Midol's fast-acting dontpunchamanadine, I might still be icing off my nads.

Now, I'm no chemist, but I think you've overlooked some of Midol's more important ingredients, like forgodssakesstopcryingathol and pleasedontlightthatonfirenanine. Truly, Midol is a panacea in the battle to quell the red tide.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Oh, well that's only in the extra strength stuff. Not the regular.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:27 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Okay, question: About how much of the hate-on-Jhonen sentiment around here is ironic, and how much sincere?

You all do know he doesn't actually owe us anything, right?

P.S. I like that Disable Smilies is automatically checked on this forum.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:33 pm
+ Regular

When I hate something, I hate it in the vaguest way I can, and leave the final interpretation up to observers. Whether others think I'm serious has no impact on my actual feelings or the true meaning of what I've said, but I tend not to make statements with which people can easily agree--unless they manage to miss what I've said in the first place. Misinterpretation leads to aggression, confrontation, and resolution.

Someone smeared boogers all over the nice "Cycle of Misinterpretation" chart we made, or I'd gladly show you what parts Jesus, cold air and math play in the scenario. You might be particularly surprised to see where your second question fits into the chart, and why you've been made to assume it's a valid response to what you've read. Mainly, though, you'd be overwhelmed by our deft use of large, red arrows and other common clipart. Certain people are known to weep at the mere sight of it.

The honest truth is that we created the chart to answer the very questions you've so effortlessly rehashed from the collective noob subconscious; fundamentally myopic queries--hopeless and slightly rhetorical--the sort of questions which loudly proclaim themselves subtle, and are so often asked as to necessitate a chart.

I'm totally disappointed in whoever ruined the chart. It was a labor of love, you callous jerkass, and a time-saving device.

On an unrelated topic, I admire your New Jersey avatar.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next