View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Subject:n My pet peeve is x. My bad habit is y. 
user

I sympathize completely, Eth. I remember being sent to bed in a dark room as a small child at my grandparents house. There was this dirty little air vent that I sincerely believed contained a draggled creature bent on strangling me to death. Oh the nightmares it gave me.

In my experience, the only cool thing about being in the dark is how you're eyes adjust.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:46 am
regular

Oh my god I HATE being alone in the dark. I see all this shit, get really paranoid, feel like I'm going to die... those shadows darting across my walls are gunna come 'get' me.

I can't rationalize. I'm like, 'Stan, that's stupid and you know it.' Yet it still bothers me a lot.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:03 am
Profile WWW

Pet Peeve: When people talk about how strong and tough they are and end up getting there asses kicked and run away crying. I hate those big headed pricks!

Bad Habit: Worrying too much about small things.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:30 am
regular

Pet Peeve: When my friend Lee laughs at me because I'm too stupid to figure it out.

Bad Habbit: Sucking at it.

Anyone here want to help me with my advanced algebra? I'm confused and the idiots on Gaia are making it worse.

It's fairly simple and yet I'm mixed up.

Simplifying Rational Equations.
3/(4a-12)
I think you factor the demoninator first, in which case, I think you get 4(a-3) but I'm not sure.
Even so, I don't know what to do next.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:55 am
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Maybe they're ragging on you for calling an expression an equation. I was pretty bad at math, too. Then I learned that if you read the chapter, you actually understand what the hell is going on. Then you retain it long enough for a test, and promptly forget it.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
regular

The book calls them equations... not me. I don't have a fucking clue.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
regular

It's an expression all right, as it doesn't equal anything.
I toyed idly with yours for a while, but I didn't come up with any answer better than 3/[4*(a-3)]. I went in several complicated little circles.

If it's any kind of consolation, I'm screwed for an end of semester Maths test in a couple of weeks. It's on matrix algebra and unreal numbers with emphasis placed on eigenvalues and eigenvectors, neither of which I fully understand. Fun fun fun.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Edited - Because what I said is redundant now.

Last edited by Munky on Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Holy hell Nacho! I already thought you were awesome enough! This is fucking great. Hehehe

And I WAS right! Alright then... *big grin*

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Thank you! Me and math are arch enemies...so having something like this will be a lifesaver. Danke! ^.^

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:58 am

Pet Peeve: Trying to figure out whom to give what.

They drop hints only a mind-reader would get, they nudge and wink at you to death, they make passing comments, but when you whip around and ask them just what the hell they want, they go:

"It's the thought that counts."

And then you rack your brain and rape your wallet getting what you hope will be "thoughtful" gifts, only to get a plastic smile and a "What-the-fuck?" look when you turn away.

I vote we celebrate it like Chinese New Year, and just give everyone new crisp $2 notes.

Bad Habit: Devoting energy and time to this activity.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:15 am
Profile WWW
regular

The worst thing is buying for friends and then having them say "I hope you haven't bought anything for me, I can't afford to buy for you."
This after you've been asking since Halloween what they want for Christmas.
I still love Christmas though, thus bringing me to my very own subject.

Subject:Christmas Decorations

Pet Peeve: Store bought Christmas. Our tree this year is so dull, none of the crap I made from cardboard and tinsel when I was 3. I am not impressed. People who go overboard and stick about 50 Santa sillouettes on their house.

Bad Habit: Liking really kitsch/tacky decorations. I refuse to acknowledge plain white twinkle lights as proper decorations. It must be bright color lanterns, tinsel sequins and shitty homemade cardboard decorations or nothing at all.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:57 am
user

Subject: Christmas Get-togethers With Family

Pet Peeve: Having to share my personal sanctuary for up to a week with people we moved thousands of miles away from in hopes of avoiding close contact.

Bad Habit: Being enough of a sucker to miss them after they board the plane home to New York.

Gets me every time.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:30 pm
regular

Keeping with the family get together theme, my pet peeve is listening to my mother complain about having so many presents to stuff in the car, and then here her say, "Oh I feel like I didn't get enough for..." on the way there. I also get tired of my sister's domestic act she pulls when we go visit family.

Bad habit: Getting attached to new girlfriends or "cousins" that I'll probably never see again.

Meh, I can't complain. I do enjoy it.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Pet Peeve: Everyone and their mother telling me they're bored. Repeatedly. And some of the more shameless ones actually come right out and tell me to fix it.

I. Don't. Care. Fix it yourself, you whiny cunt! I'm not your goddamn mother, here to wave a Glow-Worm in your face at the slightest little whimper.

If you're chronically bored, a quick fix isn't going to do jack. There's a deeper underlying cause to your seemingly permanent ennui, and odds are, a big chunk of it is relying on others to solve your piddling little problems.

Bad Habit: Occasionally suggesting solutions if I get hassled enough--though, I'm going to start phasing out the habit, and replace it with instant silence/ignoring/slighting when the words "I'm bored" pop up in conversation. Smells like a potential New Year's resolution.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next