View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:20 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Pick a superpower 
regular

Post Pick a superpower
Here's something I was thinking about recently.
If you could choose one 'superpower' such as flight or transformation, what would it be, and why?

Personally I'd go for mind-reading. Imagine the fun possibilities offered to someone who could know what people around them were thinking! It'd be so easy to manipulate them all... :evil:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I've always wanted to have telekinetic powers. Nobody would dare deny me, for I could easily unleash my mighty powers on them without getting up from my seat. And besides, moving stuff with your mind is just plain cool.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:25 pm
regular

I'd want the ability to have any super power I needed at any time.

Either that or mind reading.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:26 pm
regular

Invisibility and flight. I'd love to sneak into people's giant houses (lots of mansions where I live) and just walk around. Flight so I could just get places without worrying about gas.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I'd want the ability to have any super power I needed at any time.

Cheat.

If your third wish is "I wish for three more wishes" then you become trapped in the lamp, as a wonderfully inept genie. -Inspired by some crap TV show.

Mind reading's a good choice though.

Last edited by Munky on Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
user

I'd like teleportation and the ability to morph into anything I want. Teleportation because I'm impatient and the morphing ability for its obvious coolness.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:34 pm
regular

Not a traditional "super power" but an ability I wish I had would be the ability to cause physical pain over the internet.

As in to say, If I read something on the internet, by thinking about the thing that I read, and the person who may have written it really really hard, I would be able to cause them some amounts of hurt.

I would love that.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
regular

Ah, that reminds me of a classic bash.org quote:
Quote:
<Zybl0re> get up
<Zybl0re> get on up
<Zybl0re> get up
<Zybl0re> get on up
<phxl|paper> and DANCE
* nmp3bot dances :D-<
* nmp3bot dances :D|-<
* nmp3bot dances :D/-<
<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

I wish I had that power, though it would be much more fun if you could see them squirm too.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:19 pm
* Spitelord

I want a full-body energy blast that lets me carve an 80 mile long, ten foot deep rut of indiscriminate destruction. I wouldn't really do anything useful with it--just fuck shit up. Maybe carve my name in the moon, Chairface Chippendale-style.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Complete invulnerability, and a long lifespan. Or...
The ability to punch people in the face over the phone/internet/TV.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:10 pm
regular

I want that one. The second one. Punching people over the phone/internet would pwn.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
user

The ability to fuck Jessica Alba at will. Or if that didn't work, I'd like to be able to go into mirrors like a portal and travel through them. Then again, it seems like you'd only come out on the other end to a dimension exactly identical to your own. Screw it, I'd like to fuck Jessica Alba.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:22 pm
+ Regular

I just recently got sucked into a game of Heroes Unlimited, where I play Socko Gibralter--essentially a "magical artifact"-hero--and command the various powers related to absolute control of friction (by wielding a Mjolnir-like, d6x2, gym sock full of pennies).

According to the GM, it contains the souls of my ancestors. He calls it a "transsubstantiated mythic mace"; I rolled a 10 for intelligence, so I call it "T'ain't No Orange in a Sock."

If I could, I'd love to have such a thing.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Profile WWW

I'd like the ability to force people to realize how much they suck and kill themselves in fascinating ways. That would make me feel warm inside.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:21 pm
* Spitelord

It'd be cool to be able to morph into color and shapes, like a stretchy chameleon. It would also be cool to squirt acid outta the eyes.

I would also like to see an 80 year old lady that makes hot tea and scones appear to folk who are sad. She would then recite poetry and sing Danny Boy at the piano.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:59 pm
* Spitelord

I've always longed for teleportation and shape-changing, Mystique-style: to never have to drive or buy clothes again! More recently, I thought that ultimate power over any complex manufactured item would be pretty useful: none of my gadgets would ever break, I could design new and interesting things at will that would actually work (think: personal rockets and shrink-rays), all my household goods would obey me telepathically, and I could break other people's cars or computers or cellphones (!) on a whim.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:34 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next