View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The fine art of bullshit 
regular

Post The fine art of bullshit
welp

Last edited by inKy on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:31 pm
* Spitelord

Use repetitively tautological redundancies that are pleonastically prolix with diffuse superfluousness. Circumlocution, circumlocution, circumlocution!

Also, block quotes have to be indented quite a bit, and they're far longer than regular quotes. Abuse them.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

Since the essay length is by words, the obvious thing to do would be to break apart all your succinct phrases into over-extended ones. Ues lots of long examples and illustrations. Overstate your point. Essentially, write the paper like you're talking to an idiot, going about explaining each idea (both yours or simple background needed to establish yours) repeatedly in different manners.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:11 pm
regular

Tangents disguised as interesting examples/enforcements of your point.

For example, the last essay I wrote was about anti-semitism in Nazi Germany(tres original my lecturers are) And I talked about Kristalnacht for about 2 sentences. I then went on to talk about how Goebells(possibly him, some German dude anyway) was trying to win back favour with Hitler when he organised it. He had pissed all over Hitler's propaganda of the Goebells as the perfect Aryan family when he had an affair.
That was 3/4 of a side of a 3 side essay.

You have to be subtle though.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:18 am
* Spitelord

I usually don't get assigned essays by word-length; my profs prefer number of pages. I format my margins just a little more than one-inch each. I also like to go to my paragraph formatting and widen the spaces between the lines almost-imperceptibly. That adds up to that little extra bit of length when I run out of bullshit.

For you, though, I have no suggestions.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:03 pm
Profile YIM
do the classic 5 paragraph essay. its not bullshit, its just how its done. first paragraph: intro, ending sentence is thesis. second paragraph: presents second most important information/point. third (middle) paragraph: least important info/point. fourth paragraph: most important point/info. 5th (last) paragraph: summation, broader version of the thesis.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:36 pm
regular

Last edited by inKy on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:20 pm

Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]