View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ad Rock down with the Ione... 
* Spitelord

Post Ad Rock down with the Ione...
Sunder has never seen Say Anything.

What "classic" "great" have you missed out on?

Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:04 pm
user

I still haven't seen Jaws or Stephen King's IT.

*Crosses Reservoir Dogs off the To-Watch list*

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:22 pm
* Spitelord

Someone bitched me out the other day for not seeing Titanic. I defended myself by saying it was a chick-flick, and I didn't have a chick to make me to watch it in exchange for sexual favors. Also, I've missed some of the Disney classics--Peter Pan, Winnie-the-Pooh, Timon and Pumbaa Go to White Castle, etc. If I ever watched them as a kid, I sure as hell don't remember them now.

I wasted my youth rewinding the part of Watership Down where Kehaar gets a rabbit up his ass and shouts, "YAGH! YAGH! YAGH! JOO STOOPIT BUNNEES!" over and over, which, in my opinion, was a better waste of my time than most of the schmaltzy tripe Disney puts out.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:21 am
Profile WWW
+ Regular

...the part of Watership Down where Kehaar gets a rabbit up his ass and shouts, "YAGH! YAGH! YAGH! JOO STOOPIT BUNNEES!"

^^^^^NEW AVATAR IDEA!^^^^^

I've never seen Titanic, either. Mostly, though, I haven't seen The Wizard of Speed & Time.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:04 am
Profile WWW
regular

I've lost count of how many classics I still have yet to watch. Some I can think of are Pulp Fiction, Jaws and Reservoir Dogs. I haven't seen IT either; I had only started reading the book when they showed the movie on TV a few years ago, so I didn't watch it.

At least I haven't seen Titanic. That almost makes up for the crime.

EDIT: 2001: A Space Oddysey is also on my to-do list. I have it stored on my PC though so I have no excuse not to watch it!

Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:26 am
regular

I went on a DVD spree not long ago and bought loads of movies I'd heard were amazing but hadn't actually seen them yet. I've watched most but haven't gotten 'round to Psycho.
I'm not sure it's a good idea seeing it as how I won't take a bath for fear of finding dead old ladies in them (thank you Mr.Kubrick), a fear of showering would mean poor poor hygeine on my part.

You're not really missing anything by not seeing Titanic. I mean, everybody knows the ending anyway, waste of 3 hours if you ask me.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:39 am
regular

I'm sure I've missed a lot of 'classics', I've never had much time for films.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I wonder what's gonna happen to that big boat!

There's a lot of classic books that I haven't read yet, but I'll probably have to eventually anyway for school.

I've never played an actual atari.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I was going to try to resist posting this, but I just couldn't help it. I overheard a conversation about Titanic and now I know the ending! You'll never believe this.

The ship, right? When everyone's dancing and having the time of their lives, the ship -- get this -- the ship hits an iceberg! And then it sinks! And then everybody drowns and dies, except for a mysterious couple who somehow survive in a totally unexpected romantic twist. And then they die too.

Oh man, I have to see that movie now.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:46 pm
regular

Goddamnit inKy, you done spoiled it for me.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

I also have never seen a movie with Tom Cruise in it. Althought I don't know if any of them are considered classics.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

I haven't seen a lot of classics...Mum keeps trying to get me to watch Casa Blanca with her, but I've refused so far. I've seen Titanic, I'm afraid. The Maltese Falcon, The Great Dictator, and North by Northwest are all movies I've yet to see that she keeps trying to get me to see for just that reason--they're classics. She also keeps trying to trick me into seeing Sleepless in Seatle.

I think it was Tom Cruise who played Lestat in Interview With the Vampire. It's not a classic, but it doesn't completely suck, either, even though the book is better if you can get through it.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:58 pm
regular

The splendiferous midget is indeed in Interview With a Vampire.
Most movies based on books pale in comparison. An obvious exception being Fight Club because the book doesn't have Helena Bonham Carter. And the movie is just better.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:49 am

I never got into Fight Club. Something about the Primal Scream philosophy in it just kind of turned me off. And Brad Pitt has action figure legs. You know, with that weird line between hip and thigh, kind of like the old He-Man action figures.

I still haven't seen Citizen Kane, even though it's sitting on my shelf right now. I think I just don't want to be hassled with a VHS. Maybe next week.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
user

It just crossed my mind that I'm a southern heathen. I've never seen Fried Green Tomatoes or Gone With The Wind.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:39 pm
user

I own the movie Clerks but I can't bring myself to watch it straight through.

Supposedly it's a classic and hillarious, but they talk way to quickly sometimes for me to get the joke. It's either that or it just isn't funny.

Amy - I consider Legend a classic and it has Tom Cruise in it; a young and mostly naked Tom Cruise.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next