View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ad Rock down with the Ione... 
* Spitelord

Legend is a classic, and I liked Tom Cruise in it when I was a kid, but it was Tim Curry's demonic Darkness that figured more into my pre-teen fantasies (and Mia Sara in her goth-princess look)...

Um, anyway--when I saw Ridley Scott's extended European version, I realized that the character of Jack was actually only cool because he rarely spoke. Every line of that movie had to be re-recorded after the fact because the set was too noisy, and Cruise was a shitty voice actor; everything he says sounds awful. So, gold lame and his snazzy long-sword aside, no points for Tommy from Legend anymore.

I thought he made an attractive Lestat (he should stick with long, wavy hair and the consumptive look), but I hated the casting in that entire movie. I mean, consider Armand, for chrissake!

I've never seen Titanic or Forrest Gump. I heard that they eat Leonardo DiCaprio at the end of one of those movies. I've tried very actively to see most of the "classics": Casablanca, The Lion in Winter (with Katherine Hepburn), Hitchcock's stuff, Charlie Chaplin's films, Cleopatra (actually, EVERYTHING with Rex Harrison is wonderful!), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, anything with Vincent Price in it... The list goes on.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:10 pm
Profile YIM

You like Leo DiCaprio? I suggest you watch Total Eclipse , that's classic DiCaprio.

As for the topic... I haven't seen the Godfather movies.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:34 am
Profile YIM WWW

Location: Professor Plum, in the conservatory, with the rope.
Until recently I hadn't watched Waynes World, which is considered a classic where I come from.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:37 am
* Spitelord

I've never seen Chicago, and I've fallen asleep during Pulp Fiction four times.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:52 pm
* Spitelord

I've seen a lot of films but I haven't seen any of the Godfathers or Willy Wonka.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2