View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Astral Projection 
regular

I used to feel like I was spinning or falling when I woke up from dreams. I think I experienced sleep paralysis once. I thought I was dying.

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened to me since I was about nine or ten. I barely even remember my dreams now, let alone realize I'm dreaming. Sometimes I wake up still feeling the mood of the dream, but very few details stay with me, which drives me nuts.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

I used to have really weird dreams about floating and not being able to come down, or one time about my godmother squishing my cat's head and killing her. When I was little, I used to have nightmares a lot when my sister just sort of left. She had to come back and visit me to make them go away. I still have nightmares when I get real distressed a lot. However, aside from in those, I always remember them when I wake up, and I'm always in control. I don't really notice that they're dreams so much...I tend to view them almost as a sort of roleplay. Like they're books, and I'm a character, but not as dreams, just another part of reality. Until I wake up, anyway.

I've never had sleep paralysis, although Kawaii used to. I've had times when I wake up and can't remember whether I was dreaming for a minute or two, or whether what happened really happened, that sort of thing. I've had moments of d

Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:02 pm
* Spitelord

Post Lengthy Long-ness!
Neo and I have very similar dream bits. I wonder if being born on the same day has anything to do with that. I wonder if that has anything to do with anything at all.

I see past, present, future and fantasy. Someitmes it's hard to tell, but I am never in any doubt for long. I have interactive dreams, as in I share dreams with people, unintentionally, and we hang out and do all the cool stuff we can't do in reality. That's only happened really vivdly a couple of times, but it was awesome. All this is so normal to me, it's the way it has always been. I always like hearing about other people's dream schemes.

About the astral projection..
My dad told me about it when I was about 12 ish. I'd been fascinated ever since, and almost always thought about it as I was drifiting off to sleep. One afternoon I was drifting off on a bean bag at a mates place. I was in that kinda asleep with my eyes open state. Not freaky starin' shit, just someplace peacful and in between. I felt like I started to lean forward, pivoting from the hips I was stretched right out. Felt just like normal till I looked to my left and saw my own shoulder out the corner of my eye. The shoulder that was not attatched to the one that was where it was supposed to be. Almost as soon as I realised I was half out of my body I shat myself, jumped back in and managed to not speak about it out loud for at least 6 months. It was that intense that I just kept it to myself and boggled my little mind quietly. Since then it's never been that intense, but other cool things have happened and i just accept them more naturally.

Tthis is an interesting topic. Yay dreamsy Flyey-ness.

This was just now:
Neo says:
SO when I was little
Neo says:
I used to think there was a person on the other side of the world who was just like me, and we did everything mirrored.
Neo says:
I also thought ants lived in my teeth and opperated little buzz saws to chew up my food.
Neo says:
I thought a lot of things.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:32 pm
* Spitelord

10:43.48: <NeoBokrug> Okay no more dreams for me for a while.
10:44.21: <nacho> Dickgirls rape your butt?
10:44.30: <NeoBokrug> No.. but check it
10:44.38: <NeoBokrug> I was Whinney the Pooh
10:45.09: <NeoBokrug> I was in this city where these dragon people were attacking, but Andre the Giant was there helping fight them.
10:45.27: <NeoBokrug> Then after we were liberated the anime school girls came back.
10:45.44: <NeoBokrug> I had to trade different colored markers with them
10:46.06: <NeoBokrug> Then I would wander around randomly groping thier breasts becaues I was a stuffed bear.
10:46.48: <nacho> hahaha
10:46.49: <nacho> http://www.toonsfuck.com/pic.php?im=pooh.jpg
10:46.55: <nacho> That's messed up.
10:47.07: <NeoBokrug> Then I had to shoot this carnie lord out of the sky because he had a balloon tied to his beltloop
10:48.25: <NeoBokrug> Did I mention I was small, so they seemed giant?

Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:51 am
regular

I don't give a lot of credence to the astral projection thing. Little too much of the new age for my tastes. In most places on the internet, astral projection is code word for pretending to be in dragon ball Z.

I still read books in dreams when I realize what's going on. Recently, all my dreams are about fucking star trek characters. You know which ones, I don't need to go into it.

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:54 am
Profile ICQ YIM

I have a friend who used to be able to project, I think. Or at least a form of it. We were very close some years ago, and she told me before she left that she had worked with her dreams and consciousness and all that.

The night after I left, I woke up and met up with her via IM. She then proceeded to give me a rather detailed account of what I had dreamed the night before. We practiced this a few more times, to the point of her being in my dreams. We never called it astral projection or anything, we always just referred to her "visiting."

Unfortunately, we've talked less in recent years. Certainly too long for us to try anything like we used to anymore. Pity, really.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
regular

That is incredibly awesome. Any insight into her technique? Or did she not provide you with any information before her depart?

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:43 pm
Profile WWW

No insight, no. Just concentration, will, and knowing what you want. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
user

I don't think this fits under the category of astral projection, but I think it's sort of related.

When I was younger, my best friend and I were really close. We even made up a language together so I kind of considered her as close as a sister. We used to be able to send colors or numbers (within a certain range) to each other from short distances, but it would usually have to be in line of sight. She was better at sending them and I was better at recieving them. It was probably just luck or being so in tune with each other, but it was a very neat trick while it worked. We used to freak out the kids in the school yard all the time at recess. Sadly, I've lost touch with her over the years.

The closest thing that I've done that's been close to astral projection though, is once I semi-accomplished lucid dreaming. I was disturbed though, halfway into the dream so I popped out before I could do anything, but I felt I was on the verge of it afterwards. It's why I started getting interested in it. Has anyone here ever been able to have lucid dreams?

**edit: Went back and re-read the thread. I see a lot of people have had experiences with lucid dreaming. I swear those weren't there the last time I checked!

Last edited by ouro on Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:38 am
+ Regular

Most of my dreams start out with a plot, but become lucid once I realize I'm dreaming. I sometimes wonder if this behavior pisses off some of my simulacrous inhabitants, so intent on putting on a show. Once, while sleeping on dad's boat, Grace, I started lucid dreaming in the middle of a nightmare.

Although I'm a big guy, before I started taking Kenpo, people used to pick on me at school. That night, amid the rocking of the boat and the groaning of the keel, I dreamt I was a kid again, back in one of my school-yard beatings.

I felt helpless. As usual, it wasn't just one kid, but a pack of bullies who'd set upon me--they backed me up against one of the tall racquet ball walls and took turns punching me in the stomach. When I fell, they started kicking me until I lost consciousness--I drifted out of my body, and saw the entire scene from above. The bastards laughed as they watched me convulse with pain--crying and bleeding and humiliated. Then it happened...

I think it must have been my anger that tipped me off to the fact that I was dreaming (for some reason, floating above myself felt kinda normal). It was strange, but anger was the ONLY thing I felt, even though the beating had been painful. As they started to walk away, I felt something that, years later, I would feel again in waking life--shortly before being institutionalized by my parents. I have a name for when I have the feeling of a waking lucid dream; I call it, "Devastating Traction Control."

In an instant I was back in my body, pushing myself off of the ground--rather, I was heavier than the ground; by pushing lightly, I moved the Earth itself as I got back on my feet. As the ground sprang up again, as one, the bullies turned and gaped. Then I set about my work.

I am very fast when I fight, but it never seems that way. When I fight, everything else gets ridiculously slow. When The Matrix came out, I felt a great deal of empathy for Neo.

They weren't even able to turn fully--to START to run away. My first step swung the entire Earth--and the biggest member of the gang--toward my spinning fist. The punch connected with an ear-splitting BOOM!...

...and I woke up with my fist through the wooden bottom of the cabinet above my bunk.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:37 am
Profile WWW
user

That was a masterful retelling of your dream Cda. My attempts at relating my dreams are usually rambling and confused. It's probably part of the reason I can't say I've ever had a true lucid dream. For a moment there, I forgot you were retelling a dream and I thought you were just using amusing hyperbole.

What was the situation where you felt your "Devistating Traction Control" in real life?

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:15 pm
+ Regular

Those stories are too long and confusing to relate, and scare me a little bit when I try to remember them.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2