View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Writing 

Post Writing
All the talk about deviantart accounts and such got me wondering if anybody here writes. While I do enjoy penning and photoshopping drawings, it's my writing that I actually consider myself possibly financially talented in.

Here is one of my favorite stories. I would warn about bad things, but I've seen much worse in the random links around this forum, so the only thing I'll warn about is the length. It's pretty long.

Red Robin

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:20 am
Profile WWW
regular

I write. I've not got the attention span to write stories. I get bored of the same ideas and characters very quickly so I write ickle poems.

This is my favourite thing I've written.

It still needs stuff done to it but I'm rather fond of it.

*jaw drop* You're amazing. Your story was just...yeah. You're very talented. I feel stupid posting mine now.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:36 am
* Spitelord

I enjoyed that, dildo. It was well written. I'm currently late for work, because I actually finished reading it.

Thanks for sharing.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
user

Extremedildo - I haven't gotten a chance to read the whole story yet because I've got to go to class in a few minutes, but it's a very promising start.

I used to be in the same boat as you Ethanol, but I took a creative writing course and that helped me with some techniques for keeping up a long term writing project. I have a story too, but it seems to be leaning towards novel length instead of short story length so I've been working on it for a little while. Not a lot recently, because of school but it's a project I've been thinking about and planning to return to. One tip I picked up is to just work a little bit each day if you don't have a lot of time to devote to it on any given day. That way there's still progress.

Oh yeah, Ethanol, I'll read your story too when I get back.

**Edit**

Great story, Extremedildo. I really got sucked into it. Very dark, but engaging. I was a little put off by the format and first person in the very beginning, but as the story progressed it fit more and more. It was well put together.

Ethanol, I liked your poem. Great imagery, though the meter seemed to jump now and again.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:36 am
regular

Thanks. I know, that's a problem in a lot of the stuff I write. I'm still working on it, tends to get abandoned cos I'm bored of it (hence the attention span business being a problem) but I am still working on it. Tis still my baby.
Thanks Dildo.(I love saying that)

Edit: once to clarify and again to put in this edit. Dildo posted a split second before I did.

Last edited by Ethanol on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Thank you. I'll post another story eventually, or any of you can go puruse the few that I've put up on my Writing.com account. I'm stuck using the free account, so I only have five "slots" to use to put up writing, so it's a bit limited in scope.

Ethanol, I liked that a lot, though I agree with ouro about the meter. I'm not a poet, so I'm not a very good critic. Sorry, but thanks for posting.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:36 pm
Profile WWW

You're a very talented writer/ artist ED.
Many whom I know are either writers or artists exclusively, but you've melded the two quite nicely in the works I've seen. Keep it up.

I wanna see more.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Wow that was amazing Dildo. I like to write. I scored a 11 on my high school proficency exam and I was told that's really hard to do. It only took about 10 min. Im just not a very good speller. Spell check has to be the best thing sense...toast...or sex...something like that.

Dildo have you ever entered a writing contest? I think you could win something with that story.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:22 pm
* Spitelord

I don't have anything up yet (and I don't have anything on my newly wiped harddrive) but when I get around to it, I'll make sure to post whatever I spew out on here if it's worthy of being uploaded to the net at all. I love to write and have written for years, but am trying to figure out my own style and come up with something original to actually write a book about.

My sister is an amazing writer. I'll see if she minds and maybe toss you her DevArt.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:29 pm

That would be good. I'd like to see some others' writing before I post much more of my own, lest I become a comment-whore.

***EDIT***

Screw that. Same warning as before, this time it's even longer.

Moonrise Inn (First Half)

Moonrise Inn (Second Half)

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

After getting around to it, I asked the dear sister of mine, and she said it was no problem. So here you go. She hasn't updated in awhile, but the stuff she has there is very well-done, methinks, and she's promised to see what she can do about tossing some more stuff up sometime.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:46 pm

Red Robin was very well written, I really enjoyed it. I didn't like Moonrise Inn as much, but it still shows you have talent.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:37 pm

i write my own songs, stories and poems, though half of them arent exactly high standard proffensial stuff of course.
though as much as i do adore writing fictiosn adn so on, he good old case of writers block tends to curse me now and then.
and the thing is, you cant get round that bugger for weeks or even months, by wich time youve forgotten the fucking plot line.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:29 am
regular

Sort it out.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:18 am
* Spitelord

i write my own songs, stories and poems, though half of them arent exactly high standard proffensial stuff of course.

No! I'm shocked. Can YOU even read what you're writing?

Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:27 am
* Spitelord

I bet that's where the writer's block comes from. This knobhole writes a paragraph, hits the spell-checker, and MSWord chugs along at 100% CPU usage for weeks or months, just to underline all the grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors. The poor little paperclip sits in the corner, despondent, cradling a bottle of Wild Turkey, only looking up to glare, spit, or sarcastically roll its eyes at Paris. When it's finally done, Windows busts out its special, rarely heard ta-fucking-da.wav.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next