View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Sadly sober 
regular

Post Sadly sober
Have you ever been sober while your friends were piss drunk? If you have, you know how awful it is listening to the most incoherent conversations. It's like they speak a new language only the drunk know. My friend stared talking about how rats make good ash trays...she doesn't smoke and she's an Animal Rights advocate. What are the funniest/weirdest drunk conversations you've heard?

Last edited by Anonymoose on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:02 am
user

Back in the day, yes. I can't imagine how awful it must've been for those around me whilst intoxicated. Anyhow, it's actually quite entertaining. Huge meaningless debates(even intriguing ones from time to time) are started almost instantly. Ahh, alcohol. The savior of bad conversationalists!

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:50 pm
Profile YIM
regular

I'm always sober. I'm not big on alcohal in general because I'm a pussy.

But yes, that puts me in the position of dealing with everyone else while they're drunk and I'm not. If I had my license, I'd probably always be the designated driver too.

When my mother gets drunk, she starts making shit up about how Mark and I are conspiring against her, as though we have some sort of underground lair where we sit together watching surveillence cameras, chuckling deviously and fiddling our thumbs....

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I don't get drunk around people I don't trust anymore.
Friends have a tendency to reveal themselves as boyfriend fucking shitbags and guys have a tendency to not understand the words "I'd rather not,"
My friends and I get drunk watching movies though, I've found that the scarier the movie the better. We have some bloody funny shit happen as a result of the drinkage. I just can't remember much of it.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:18 pm
regular

Well, that's an occupational hazard of being drunk.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:12 pm
* Spitelord

I can get camped-out-next-to-the-toilet-hating-consciousness-drunk, but I never lose my higher cognitive abilities. My speech and motor functions remain relatively unchanged, so even when I'm drunk, it's impossible to tell just by looking, and I can enjoy other drunkards like a sober person.

Case in point: My mom came over for tacos last night, and we each downed a 24oz Corona. She was "bombed." She went home and I called to make sure she made it back okay. Ten minutes later, she called back. This was the ensuing conversation:
Me: Hello?
Mom: I just had the cops called on me!
Me: Uuuuh... whyyyy?
Mom: For taking clothes off on [the neighbor's] porch!
Me: ... Um...

Apparently, she had a deal with the neighbor (a shut-in) that she'd leave clothes on her porch, and my mom would come and pick them up to take to the Salvation Army. Someone saw her taking the clothes off the porch, and thought she was stealing them. The cops bought her excuse and left, so it ended okay. But the way she phrased it, it sounded like she was going to be in court on public nudity charges. Sooo, yeah. Drunk-moms have some whacky syntactical errors.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Yeah, you seem like the kinda person who could get bombed with their mother. I just don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:00 pm
regular

I talk pretty much ok to a point. I was face numbingly drunk at New Years, in the house with my mother and she didn't notice. I talk crap but I'm not slurred as such.
I suppose I fall over more, but I fall over a lot anyway, so it's not really much of a difference.

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:25 am
regular

Yeah New Years Ethanol was a bit incoherent. Just a bit.

"Heeeeyyy! is it ney wear there yet????"

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:25 pm
regular

Or perhaps you posted? That would be funny if you slurred your typing. Funny and sad.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:26 am
regular

The other board I frequent gets regular drunken posters. It's pretty funny sometimes, especially when you find their edited posts the next morning.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:16 am
Profile WWW
regular

Alright, since I made the topic, I can widen it's range right? This topic now includes drunken posts you might have seen. So, conversations and posts, got it? I hope those of you who might have seen drunken posts remember what they said.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:26 am

I drank most of a bottle of Absinth with some red bull and wrote indescript letters to myself, then hid them all over my apartment.

"The way a life changes in no way reflects or coincides with a donkey's crank-shaft."

That was my favorite.

I also posted a lengthy blog about something to do with society. It was angsty and melodramatic and when I saw it a few weeks later I hated it. Though I realized I type very well while drunk.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:08 am
Profile WWW

Most of the odd conversations I get involved in when drunk happen when I just meet someone new.
A lady came up to me a house party and said "HI, You're Heidi's friend arent you? She said we'd like each other. ... I think I'll like you. ...Will you hold my hair back when I throw up?"
"...Nah."

Well, thats not so much odd as just gross.

One strange conversation I had on msn one night, both me and the other guy were drinking, we ended up talking about how badly we wished we could explode people's teeth, and getting "the fear". Trying to quote Fear and Loathing to each other but forgetting everything, and then always coming back to the teeth.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]