View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 One liners 

"Anonymous sources are to journalism what silicon enhancements are to the feminine figure; they look impressive to the gullible, but something doesn't feel right. "
--Larry King

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:04 am
regular

-Passing...out...wine...drugged...no time for...hors d'oeuvres...well, maybe just one.
-This is the day I start killing you, the way I do it takes sixteen days, this is step one...I'm going to give you a stupid hair cut.
-I know you tried to kill me, but you did have sex with me, that puts you a little ahead in my book.
-The peanut is neither a pea, nor a nut...oh wait, it is a nut.
-Oh my god, I can't believe I'm going to make love with the thing I have the most contempt for in the world...we are going to make love aren't we? Oh lord, please say yes!
-I'm not wearing any pants. I split my pants and now I'm not wearing any.
-(sign reads) The Museum of Natural History--we take the fun out of Jurassic Park.
-Jay:You're an insipid walking commercial, and your cereal turned my urine pink.
Hippo: But you'd have to eat six bowls of that that stuff for that to happen.
Jay: Yes, and a gallon of chocolate milk, but that's beside the point.

Oh, and Victory "A day without sunshine is like, night" I believe comes from Steve Martin.

*edited cause I can't spell stuff, uhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by Anonymoose on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:09 am

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me now I would go to that man and take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him."

Voltaire on goverment:

"An ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination."

Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:40 pm

Moose, I think I love you for being a Critic fan. From that show, I give you Orson Welles:

"Oh, what luck! There's a french fry stuck in my beard!"

(FYI, I believe it's "hors d'oeuvres".)

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:26 pm
regular

Thanks, I knew I spelled it wrong, I just didn't know how. I was going to wait until someone said something, cause I'm to lazy too look it up. And I love you too schnaxy baby, here's some critic fo' yo' bad self, also from Orsen Welles,

-Rosebud...peas. Yes rosebud peas, they're full of country goodness and green peaness...wait, that's terrible, I quit.

-Heaven is full of Mrs. Pell's fish sticks...mmm, they're even better when you're dead.

Here are two I made up while in conversation, it sounded funny while I said them, I wonder if it will still be funny here,
-For the love of God, don't become a christian!
-I need a spanking like donald trump needs a hair stylist

Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:58 pm
user

"welcome to the land of pointless and destructive"

Not sure it counts but I liked it. Can't remember where I heard it, maybe a song of some sort. Or from your average human at the bus stop. Enjoy.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:11 am
Profile YIM
regular

And now for some Jack Handey "Deep Thoughts"...and other things by Jack Handey
-I guess of all my uncles, I liked uncle Caveman the best; we called him uncle caveman because he lived in a cave, and sometimes he'd eat one of us, later on we found out he was a bear.
-On the other hand, we have different fingers.
-It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
-Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
-I wish I had a cross made of kryptonite, then I could keep away both super man AND dracula.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:58 pm
+ Regular

THAT'S what's wrong with the 21st century! God, it was staring me in the face for five fucking years...

Despair the coming of the Diamond Age, O Child, for hardly anything in the future is worth quoting.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Not having anything worthy to quote is a sign of the coming apocalypse? You ARE good...

It does make me sad to think though, that there will never again be anyone as original as Monty Python. And what shows we could take refuge in, our children will never see. SNL is down the tube, S.C.T.V is banished to dvd-dom, and Kids in the Hall is...Kids in the Hall.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:46 pm
+ Regular

"We could have saved it, but we were too darn cheap and lazy."

-- Kurt Vonnegut, as quoted in Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:21 am
Profile WWW
regular

Pray for us Rev, may we see the error of our ways...and congrats on your 900th post. Whoopie-cushions!

-Edited because CR is a hero, let's all clap for it.

Last edited by Anonymoose on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:52 am

The Reverend will more likely prey on you if you don't watch the spelling error of YOUR way.

And to think, with all that verbage you've managed to spew on this board, you could have at least kept your spelling up.

((Post-Edit notes: Will the bb-code EVER be back up?))
((P-E note 2: Hero of the people!))

Last edited by CathodeRey on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
regular

Oh CR, is one mistake so bad? I can tell you hate me for posting so much, perhaps you have a point...I will leave for a week, and make you all happier. Oh, before I go dear CR, there is a space between 'at' and 'least'.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:00 am

No, one mistake isn't so bad. I was just tired of coming onto the board day after day and seeing another 15-20 posts under your belt and wondering how nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cared that you seemed to never stop talking.

You have been here for under a month and you are two posts away from matching my old ava's post count. I had joined in late 2004. Do you post in your sleep?!

Forget it, I am just a bitter old user. Post until the cows come home, I no loger care.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
regular

And I KNEW you were my favourite for a reason.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:37 pm
* Spitelord

She may have posted to much, but she gave us lazy bastards something to reply to. Eerie how the board's nearly simmered to a stop after she stopped posting.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next