View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 One liners 
regular

I was thinking the exact same thing... It's just a little creepy. Now, for the token effort:

"It isn't easy, having a good time. Sometimes smiling makes my face ache"
~Frank.

I guess you have to SEE that one...

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:44 am
Profile WWW
regular

It's the fact that he's so over the top that makes you love that one.

This one is from my FAVOURITE book, ever.

"My complexion owed much to my Franco-slavic mama and little to my British Papa. My waist is all my own work." - Lucifer Box.

It's not terribly witty, but it's soooo narcissistic. I heart it. Read The Vesuvius Club.

And also Nach, it was like...OMG STFU over here at camp Eth. There was nothing wrong with her but y'know, too much of a good thing and all that.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:20 pm
* Spitelord

Oh, I know. I'd look at the main page, see her name on nearly every board, and wince--Cda used to do that, too. Still, it was less disconcerting than seeing no posts at all.

Few of my own:
"A paradox will give you contradictory, yet true conclusions, but only with sufficient health insurance."

"There's no 'I' in 'team,' unless you're Spanish; there is an 'I' in 'equipo'--I happen to be Spanish, so get the hell off my lawn."

"The independence of the dependent variable independently depends on the independent variable's dependence on independent independence, and the variability of that variable varies on the very variety of variation, verily."

Last edited by nacho on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I wish I could have seen CD as a young'un. Was he cute? Were his cheeks cheeky and his ringlets ringy?

Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:39 pm
* Spitelord

Back when ITM was young, I don't remember him having a picture on the people page (just a place-holder like Neo has now, though I could be mixing him up with a dude named Avocado), so I can't vouch for his cheeky cheeks. But he does seem quite fond of his chinny chin chin, so maybe that was pinchable back then.

His posting like that was in fairly recent memory. I think right after he got Spitelord status. School's warped my passage of time, so it could have been a couple years since then.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

"They don't look like Presbyterians to me."

Probably works better in context, but it cracks me up every single time.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:48 pm
user

"Morality is the difference between what is right and what you can justify."

"Your Daddy is Death. This is Death's toast, young lady. The toast of Death."

"Don't be ridiculous, Charlie, people love parents who beat their kids in department stores, its the parents who just let their kids wreak havok that everybody hates."

All by Christopher Moore. Just finished reading A Dirty Job. I read 3 of his books back-to-back, then sent him an e-mail about them 2 days ago, which he answered in 3 sentences. I'm definitely geeky enough to feel good about that.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 pm
* Spitelord

Here're a few more from my disturbingly huge list of quotes:

"In some cases, all it requires is that you rationally point out that there is a problem. In others, all you can do is turn the other cheek. At the far end of the spectrum are those for whom the only appropriate response is to carve out their still-beating heart and force them to eat it." --I. Marc Carlson

"I'm presently incarcerated. Convicted of a crime I didn't even commit. Hah! "Attempted murder"? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?" --Sideshow Bob

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"This speech couldn't be more truthful. It's like a house built entirely of bricks of truth. And Jesus was the one who built it. Also, before building it, Jesus fell into a vat of pure honesty-juice, and grew three extra arms. That's how truthful it is."

"All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparatively speaking, are willing to pay the price." -- Juvenal

Not sure where those two came from. I've got tons and tons more, being a lover of quotes, but most of them lean more towards sappy, moral-esque, or just excerpts from stuff.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:19 am
+ Regular

Nax: That was my system for being able to tell if anyone'd replied to my posts without having to log in, if I was gonna post from a school computer.

Ethanol: My mullet was mulletty. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/ ... Mullet.jpg

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:08 am
Profile WWW
regular

I wanna squeeze your ickle blonde face off!!
You probably don't look like that now...anybody over the age of 11 that looks that cute is a midget.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:31 pm
+ Regular

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/cdaaah/1605.jpg

Sadly, I'm only the 3rd cutest Spitelord.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
regular

You have hair like mine at the front...swooshy face coverage. Respec'
My beard is better than yours though.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:18 am

Your visage has been stolen and will soon be added to the shrine of photos that is my photobucket account. A worthy addition indeed.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
regular

Proud to say I'm a memeber of that bucket.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:08 am
Profile WWW
regular

Me too. I have my own...I'm not sure section is the right word. What do you call the smaller units of a bucket?

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:15 am
regular

Bucketettes?
Millibuckets?

Only one way to find out: Wikipedia! If the article doesn't exist, then I proclaim myself the inventor of the millibucket.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next