View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Less than three. 

Post Less than three.
Less than three ((better known as <3)) is what I have titled Internet based relationships, and I was curious to see who here have been a part of that, and also to know what they have led to.

I am the first to raise my hand and to also add that it started here.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
regular

And ditto.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:28 pm
user

I'm going to see a special someone I met on the net tomorrow actually. What a week it will be. Wish harm upon me. Or don't and say you did.

Oh right. And uh, it's leading down a long intriguing road. that is all.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:46 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

I've had about five, all through ITM, mostly through the IRC channel. Two lasted for a while, but I never met them in person. Just before they were going to visit, they wussed out for whatever reason and the mood fizzled out shortly after. One is current, but I haven't met her in person yet, and she's probably reading this right now (Hi, honey-clit!). Two I actually met in person, one of which I lived with for a while, the other I sort of lived with (if you count visiting for a week, having my ticket home hidden, and becoming a sex-slave to an asian dominatrix for a month in an art college dorm room as "living" with someone).

Ah, good times.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I might start a relationship, but it's too soon to tell, fingers crossed though, I like the guy.

Last edited by Anonymoose on Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:30 pm

I tried a couple internet relationships but they didn't work out for me- too young I guess.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:53 pm
Profile YIM
+ Regular

I've had exactly less than three relationships which began under Sunder's vast media umbrella, one current.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:25 am
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

I've got one that's current, though we've yet to meet in person. It's been going on for a little over a year and we have lots of hope but need money before we can do much by way of meeting.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:11 pm
regular

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:58 pm
regular

I'm quite taken by someone I know through another forum I belong to. It (whatever "it" is) isn't very formal, though. I wouldn't call it a long-distance relationship.

Last edited by Freezie on Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

I've never dated anybody I met on the internet. There is one girl who I met one evening in person, and we got to know each other on the internet. Of course, we never dated, but she was a hell of a lay next time I saw her.

The net can work out for people though: my best friend in the world met his wife via the internet.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:04 am
Profile YIM WWW
regular

Though I've had RP relationships. Eh, don't last though. Eventually I get bored, and my character tries to eat them or something. That's kind of a mood-killer.

Heh, less than three though, that's clever.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
user

I've dated two people I met online. The first ended when we decided that we were just better off friends, and we are. The second turned out really well and ended well. We would talk still if I wasn't such a flake. I'm still here so I wasn't kidnapped and murdered. Good times all around.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:21 am

Well I [i]was[/i] going to meet one of the people at a mall who I struck up a relationship with online, but it didn't work out and that was probably for the best, since he was a lot older than I was. But since I dropped out of high school (long story), I've mostly been using the intstant messengers to keep my IRL relationships going.

BTW, was this forum where I read that story about a guy who got handcuffed to a futon? It's been awhile since I read it, but nacho's post reminded me of it.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:59 pm

When I was younger and stupider (well, two years ago), there was a guy who was probably the most manipulative douche bag I have ever met.
We became friends through a forum, and he had a girlfriend, and when we met up, somehow it turned into him cheating on her with me (and I think he had cheated on her with other girls before me).
And me being young (he was in his early twenties), I assumed he would leave her and be with me, or at least tell her what happened.
Not bloody likely.
He invited me to see him again. Unknown to me, my best friend had gone to see him the night before, and they'd made whoopee or something. Which he half told me, and then while I was at his place, asleep, he asked her to be his girlfriend.
What of his *other* girlfriend? She lived on the other end of the country, and he assured my best friend that he was on a break with her, which was a lie.
While he was dating these two girls, he was still always trying to get me to go and see him again, as well as telling two other girls that he had never even met that he was in love with them and would marry them if they were old enough. Lovely.
It seemed like everyone except his first girlfriend knew what he was doing, but every time anyone would even think about telling her, he would threaten them.

He finally told her, about a year or so after he had first cheated on her. When she was in another country. Via a text message.
And shortly after he then dumped my best friend, the day after he convinced her to jump into bed with him and a friend.
He was such a jerk.
One of the creepier aspects of it all is that he met all of these girls from the same message board. So of course, his name is mud there now, but he still manages to strike up friendships with new girls, generally around the age of 16 or 17, and is now dating another girl from this forum.
I hope he gets AIDS. About a year before I knew him, he had sex with a fourteen year old, when he would have been about twenty. Sweet fucking statutory.

Aside from this, there was another guy I had a brief relationship with, but I never really wanted to be a part of it. I guess it was a pity thing. He was going through a really rough time with various crap in his life, as well as being a self-harmer and junk. So as I was trying to help him feel better in life, he suddenly came out with "hey we oughta be with each other", and you try and say no, but crazy people just don't listen.
So things were kind of disgusting between us for a while but they're okay now, he is a healthier person these days.

Those are the only two things that came close to a relationship, but I've formed several online friendships that mean more to me than a lot of people I know in my offline life. Hate to rate friends, but its just how it is.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:06 am
regular

Fascinating. Truely.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next