View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Google Bombing. 

Post Google Bombing.
I heard this term the other day, and asked for an explanation.
All I got was "you know, how if you search 'failure', you get George W's homepage?"
And I looked it up on Wiki, but I've got no idea what the hell its talking about.
Can anyone here explain this to me in idiot terms?
I get the idea of what it is, but how do people do it?

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:47 am
* Spitelord

Honestly, this should be under the Ask a Spitelord thread.

Anyhoo, as an example/experiment in Google bombing, I've chosen you, our current most mind-bogglingly ignorant member. For the sake of the experiment, I've dubbed you duchess_dumbfuckington. This is a term that returned zero results by Google, as you can see:

Now, on the following pages:
http://spitecho.googlepages.com/home
http://b00x0r.tripod.com/index.html
http://shecky.livejournal.com/98147.html

I have placed links like so:
<a href="http://www.bunnyofdoom.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1832">duchess_dumbfuckington</a>

This links the term duchess_dumbfuckington to your profile on this board. The goal, of course, is to make it so when one runs a search for duchess_dumbfuckington, it will come up with your profile, essentially leaving an indelible Google mark on your soul.

If anyone would like to help in the experiment, go to your Livejournal/Deviantart/MySpace/whatever and post the above link. If enough people link to Mirm, the Google winds may blow our way, and we'll be having tea with the duchess in no time.

* Edited to aim this puppy at an even bigger dumbfuck.

Last edited by nacho on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:22 am
Profile WWW

Does it matter whether or not the link is clicked?
And if you had the link in your signature on a message board, would that count as a link every time you posted?

*and sorry about the wrong forum.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:21 pm
* Spitelord

Jesus felching Christ, you're slow. The Wikipedia entry on Google bombing had a link explaining how the PageRank system works. Click it, and stop asking stupid fucking questions. Knew I should've made you the Duchess...

*Edited: Done and Done.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
+ Regular

"Once upon a time, duchess_dumbfuckington was walking in the forest when she spotted a tree with a strange phalic like branch jutting out just at the right height. duchess_dumbfuckington being of the slutty kind, it didn't take long before duchess_dumbfuckington was half naked and riding the branch like you ride a wild horse (duchess_dumbfuckington had probably tried that too, mind you.). But little did duchess_dumbfuckington know that this most arounsing branch belonged to none other than Grouchy Stud McNacho who, hidding in the tree, spent a most joyfull time..."

I'll let you imagine the rest of the story with the monstruous spawns created by this unnatural coupling.

Cheers! :P

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:39 pm
* Spitelord

You would not believe how much lube I go through with my bark-covered branch-cock. Thank God for Sam's Club's bulk jars of vaseline! :D

I doubt we could breed, though. That would be like those Russian ape-soldier experiments Stalin tried to pull. It just wouldn't fly, genetic-wise.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:12 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I thought I was fitting in here. Guess not.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:52 am
regular

Mirm is a repeat offender, if I recall correctly. I can't remember what the first offence was, but the term "mirm's task" has derived from this.

Someone please remind me what this refers to. Help ol' Inky's struggling memory cells!

Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:10 pm
* Spitelord

I think it's if you make a spelling, punctuation or grammatical error while correcting someone else on something, you have to go through your entire post history and correct all previous errors.

Anonymoose deleted her post about giving shit to people who might contribute, but in all fairness, Mirm joined in 2004, and I don't recall her contributing a damn thing worthwhile in all that time. Hell, I think she might have even been banned at some point.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

I don't remember ever being banned, I was just inactive for a really long time.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:39 pm
regular

Forget I said anything, it's none of my business anyways.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:13 pm
regular

I'm now compelled to put that link in every place I can think of, Nacho.

Google Bombing is fun.

What blows my mind is that he actually Wikipedia'd it... and still doesn't understand...

Mon May 01, 2006 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

For real. That shit was explained in the second simplest way possible in the first three sentences--the simplest being an example, which I provided. She either didn't read it or just gets off on people holding her hand like a goddamn infant.

Update:
Got our first result! There haven't been enough sites crawled to make her profile the top result just yet, but it's a start.

One odd thing I noticed was Google hasn't gotten to my GooglePages site yet. The FAQ said it'd be searchable within hours, but that doesn't seem to be the case. This article may explain why. Might take a little longer than planned to put the Duchess on her rightful throne...

Fri May 05, 2006 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Thanks to Vickie for pitching in.

Thu May 18, 2006 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Incidentally, that Wikipedia page is my malnourished account. I don't love it enough, it is dying. It's number 2 on google.ie... I like to think of myself as being helpful. Yup.

Thu May 18, 2006 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Ah, thanks to you as well. Every little whack upside Mirm's head counted.

Thu May 18, 2006 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]