View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 25 tattoos 
* Spitelord

Post 25 tattoos
Tatttoos. You've got them (perhaps) I've got them (in excess). Why don't we share?

I have a personal theory based on my own experience that I'm sure many of you (Young'uns*) will be quick to disagree on or perhaps you'rve realized the folly early on (as I washed I had) ... Who am I to judge?

The point is, I have ten. Only three of which I want and only two of which I love. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Or let's just discuss.

Just don't post your "I want..." crap. Get it or don't. Discuss the theory or sit it out. This is not a fantasy tattoo thread. I want real. Gimme.

*I feeel old. I'm soon to be 30. Cut me some slack. P.S. I owe the spelling to our dear love nach.

Thu May 11, 2006 12:37 am

I don't have one yet, I have to wait until I turn 18.

My theory is that a tattoo will remind you of times, choices, and decisions in your life, good and bad. I don't speak from personal experience, but am I right in saying that you look at those tattoos, even the ones you don't want, and have at least one, if not more, very specific memories attached to them? Of course, that might be the reason you don't want them anymore...

Thu May 11, 2006 12:47 am
* Spitelord

That being said... All of your passions will change. I promise. High school is defining. College is discovering. 25 is realizing. Hence the title. I have a very strong theory that no one should be allowed to get tattooed until they are 25. I say this having gotten my first at 16 (pretty little sun, flash) my second at 18 (AKIRA in Japanese, fuck yeah, I'm cool) My third a fairy on my right arm. "The fairy of dark despair" from Brian Froud's Good Faeries/Bad faeries) and hey. Some others.

My point is- It's all shit.

I would give all the money and the pain in the would to be rid of this burden I gave myself out of adolescent passion.
]

Wear a condom.

Don't get tattooed. Until you're 25.

Please. Take my word.

edited beacuase people should not drink and type. especially here.

Last edited by five on Thu May 11, 2006 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 11, 2006 1:16 am
regular

I totally agree that there should be a waiting period so that you're sure you want a tattoo, and are not just being impulsive.

I think that you should only get a tattoo if it is unique, beautiful, means something special to you, or is incredibly well drawn and inked. I hate the little ass-crack tattoos that all the girls are getting, because a tattoo should be a real investment, and basically they're just getting tattoos to accentuate the thongs that stick out of their pants. I hate it when people do things half-way. If you're not going to get a real tattoo, just get a henna one.

By the way, I love that you have a tattoo of "The fairy of dark despair". Brian Froud is wonderful. I'd like one of "Indi, the Indecision Faery"

Thu May 11, 2006 3:02 am
regular

I got respec' for five. (Heh, "for five". Get it? Think on it.)

I'm inclined to agree. The idea of someone my age doing anything permanent makes me cringe. Reading journal entries from weeks, or even days ago is embarassing. I'm undecided about whether or not I should just delete them and forget they ever happened. Either way, I can't delete ink in my skin.

Last edited by Freezie on Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 11, 2006 7:03 pm
Profile WWW

Everyone at my school has been either wanted or getting a tattoo lately, so it's kind of funny that you brought this up.

I believe that if a tattoo really has meaning for someone, and if it looks good, then it's acceptable. But the 25 idea is a good one, it might save some people from embarrassment in the future.

Though I'll probably never get one simply because of how they look when you get older...but then the elderly shouldn't expose much of their body to begin with. So as long as their okay with it then it's all right.

Fri May 12, 2006 7:21 am

The 25 thing makes sense. I change a lot from year to year, still looking for something I guess, but I

Fri May 12, 2006 6:27 pm
user

I'm of the mind that age is just a number and nothing more. I have no tattoos as of yet no, but I will be getting a very childish one within the year. I know now I'll say I will love the thing forever, and more than likely be sick of it later, but that's not the point. I won't be getting it to remember the moments longed to be experienced again, nor will I be getting it to feel empowered or courageous. Y'see kids,(and elders) I dropped logic off my mind quite a while ago. Reason, rhyme, the whole shabang. I'm not doing it because I want to, I'm not doing it because I can, I'm not even doing it to get a better understanding of why it is that people would get one. Oh no, it's just a way to kill an afternoon. Were I to attach a reason to this entirely idiotic event, it would be something along the lines of this;

I feel it's important to do things you'd never see yourself doing, just to prove anything is either possible, or becomes possible. That way you can pass through life without any regrets or doubts.

Of course that's a completely ridiculous thought. A better reason is, I'd love my own art on my body. A personal canvas, only meant for those who care enough to look in the depths of my shirt or trousers.

That is all.

Fri May 12, 2006 9:32 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]