View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The New X-Men movie 
* Spitelord

Nevermind that you can't scientifically claim to have a "cure" for genetic mutation without testing it for at least a single human lifetime (haven't seen a bigger plot hole since Signs). But if you read the backgrounds on the characters it's actually really easy for them to undo everything this film did. Look at how many resurrections there are in the comics. ANYONE can come back. MarvelDirectory.com has a wealth of info on back stories and character progressions for the uninitiated and the forgetful alike. It helped me put to rest all those niggling little bits of info floating just out of reach and completely gives an obvious plot for the next film when it comes.

Mon May 29, 2006 9:57 pm
regular

Thanks five, now we don't have to worry about the niggly bits.

Mon May 29, 2006 10:12 pm
* Spitelord

Mon May 29, 2006 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
regular

I knew someone would have to say something about touching themselves, I didn't know who, but I knew someone would.

Mon May 29, 2006 11:21 pm
* Spitelord

I went to see this once then once again the next day t'be sure. It's really warm in the moofies. I didn't really know very much about X men except Wolverine is a cool lookin critter. *giggle* Nah, but really. Good shit, made me smile lots and big. Bits and particles are nice.

How much does maccad be awesome? Heapths. I've been saying that for days "Don't you know who I am?" Such happy good. Watching Mystique lose her bits was also great. Was anyone else trying to nudge her over with ze brain powers?

Tue May 30, 2006 3:42 am

Org lbh nalguvat gur pher'f abg npghnyyl n pher, gubhtu. Svir, V fhfcrpg lbh'er fcbg ba va lbhe pbzvpl xabjyrqtr ba guvf bar. Vs crbcyr jba'g fgnl qnea evtug qrnq gura jul gur uryy fubhyq gurl fgnl 'pherq'?

Yrrpu'f cbjre jnf grzcbenel, nf jr fnj jryy rabhtu jvgu Ornfg'f unaq. Cyhf Zlfgvdhr fgnlrq yblny gb Zntargb, rira nsgre ur qvfbjarq ure, cebonoyl fb gung jura fur trgf ure cbjref onpx, fur'yy rnfvyl or noyr gb fyvc vagb gur arkg zbivr. V nyfb qbhog irel zhpu vs gurl'yy nyybj Ebthr gb or unccl sbe nal yratgu bs gvzr. Fur'f gur natfg. Naq ln tbggn unir natfg.

Ohg, gur ovt dhrfgvba erznvaf, Jul gur uryy jnfa'g Pbybffhf Ehffvna!?!

Tue May 30, 2006 6:21 am
user

Well I've seen it. I overlooked that small bit where Beast turned back to the walking carpet he is when he stepped away from the child. I really should've known the cure wouldn't last. Now, in a pile of sweaty passion, rogue is gonna destroy the Ice Man, not realising it until the sweet embrace of climax passes.

Unless of course the boy is awful in the sack. In which case she's gonna be both unfullfilled and depressed.

Anyway, I liked it. That is all.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:31 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

I didn't like the movie. I realize that the people who wrote it don't give a fuck about the X-Men universe; lip-service for money is what it's all about.

I agree with you, 'moose, that most movies made from comic books (and nearly ALL made from video games) are awful. Also, stop posting in that tiny text, for fuck's sake. It was cute once or twice, but rein it in already. At least leave it large enough to be barely-readable; see flick's posts for examples.

V forVendetta was an awesome comic-to-movie rendering that has yet to be mentioned by anyone here (according to the "Search" function). Sure, Evey was more innocent and they cut out a lot of the sidelines, but the soul remained entirely faithful. The movie did make V feel like a person as well as a symbol, but he wasn't --to be completely honest-- an altogether nice person. Like Wolverine might have been, if he were portrayed more fairly and less as a tasty hunk of man-meat. I saw "V..." the night before it opened, and with my favorite guy, and a couple more times 'cause I loved it that much (net cost: $6). Did anyone else see it? Did you love it?

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:44 am
Profile YIM

I saw V three times, twice on regular movie and once on IMAX ((net cost: more)) and agree with you completely. I then sought out an illegal copy for my ipod and plan on buying the dvd when it comes out. Why can't other comic/game movies stick to the point?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2