View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Burritos! 
* Spitelord

Post Burritos!
I recently found out that at least one member of this board has NEVER had a burrito. Living on the other side of the world is NO EXCUSE! To remedy the situation, I drew up a little guide to making burritos during my spare time at work. Colored pencils in hand and with NO talent whatsoever, I labored for days (two) to produce the following travesty. It had to have its own topic, because all the other pictures in "Sketchy Exhibition" would laugh at it.

Please feel free to append other tasty suggestions for burrito goodness. Add more pictures, too. Our international community needs our help!

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:46 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

Last edited by Caligo on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:50 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

Recipe for ramen burrito:
1. Cook one pack of ramen as per directions, except for two minutes rather than three. Drain it.

2. Lightly grease a skillet with olive oil, sprinkle in red pepper flakes and garlic powder, and toast the tortilla a tad.

3. Plop the ramen into the burrito, sprinkle on the spice-packet, some hotsauce and cheese.

4. Fold as instructed above.

5. Suck that puppy down.

6. Wait for your foodstamps so you can get some decent food.

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Get in car.
Drive to Chipolte.
Ask nice lady/man for a chicken fajita burrito (you may have your own favorite, this is mine)
Beans, rice, chicken, onions and peppers, corn salsa, cheese, sour cream (extra cheese and sour cream please!), guacamole (yes, I know it costs extra), to go!

Go home.
Cut in half.
Enjoy the deliciosness once.
Then again later!

MMMM!

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:23 pm

1. Go to Super Wal-Mart
2. Buy purple bag of El Monterey frozen bean burritos
3. Slice cheese
4. Lay cheese over burrito
5. Microwave
6. Stuff face with delicious burrito and know that nothing in your life will ever, ever be as good as this

Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:33 pm
* Spitelord

I'm guessing, since there exists at least one person who's been around nearly 18 years without ever eating a burrito, that going to the restaurant down the road isn't an option for some people. The ingredients list is helpful still.

As for frozen burritos--way to take the fun out of preparing a meal, Low Sdradnats, though I would die without convenience foods. Nonetheless, having tried a wide variety of frozen burritos (yes, even with sliced cheese on top, and ALSO salsa), my home burritos kick frozen burritos in the nuts.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:21 am
Profile YIM
regular

I've never had a burrito. I've never had the desire to have a burrito.

Those drawings make me crave burrito.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 am
Profile WWW
user

I admire your passion on the subject. Think I'll try one because of it.

Yes, I've never had one. Yes I do keep it tidy under this large rock beneath an even larger rock.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:45 am
Profile YIM
regular

Wow! I'm trying these at some point. Pictures when I do.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:10 am
* Spitelord

I'm guessing, since there exists at least one person who's been around nearly 18 years without ever eating a burrito, that going to the restaurant down the road isn't an option for some people.

Perhaps it just never occured to them to take the risk. Just because something is available, doesn't mean it's been tried.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:35 am
* Spitelord

How about it, non-burrito-eating people? Has it been cowardice that's kept you from experiencing life in its stuffed-flour-shell'd fullness? Lack of adventurousness on your parts? Obliviousness to the burrito stand RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM YOU?

Maybe not. We don't all live in Texas, haven for Mexican food that often tastes better than the food IN Mexico.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:38 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

Maybe it's because burrito is spanish for "little donkey." Which sounds less than appetizing.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Wow. Is the bitterness me specific or are you just anti-chipolte? Whichever it's reading like a personal issue larger than burritos.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:58 pm
user

Money is a large part of it. The other is effort.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

Perhaps it just never occured to them to take the risk. Just because something is available, doesn't mean it's been tried.

You (know you) can say whatever you like, always. But sometimes when you make statements like that, it kills a topic because no one can really say anything to it. Except (with a shrug and a nod) "Perhaps." This isn't a topic with any great merit, but I was hoping for a few more suggestions.

I think you're awesome, five. Don't take offense; no bitterness directed at you! Rather, I was hoping to goad others, especially limey others, into further comment.

I've never been to Chipotle. I'm moving to Texas pretty soon, so I'll probably try it if there's one around. I've enjoyed a lot of other things you've suggested here--some comics and those Ginger Snaps movies come to mind immediately. Seems I like your taste.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:00 pm
Profile YIM

I actually have never had homemade burritos, but maybe I ought to, judging from what can only be read as your bitterness towards me (It's difficult to ignore that "low sdradnats" bit).

You should know, I have nothing against more advanced burritos and meant no offense with my cordial suggestion of frozen goods.

The "my burrito can kick your burrito's ass" conversation doesn't exactly appeal to me, so tell you what. I'll fix me up a pipin' hot burrito via your colorful instruction, and I'll tell you what I think.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next