View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Here comes the science bit. 

But the world's so obsessed with beauty. You can't afford to be this naive.

It doesn't matter how things should be, this is how they are.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:49 am

I think my monitor is broken. All I'm seeing is "Crap crap crap. Crap crap. Crap crap crap crap. Repeat"

Is anyone else getting this?

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:07 pm
regular

Yeah, I'm getting it too. I don't know what's causing it, but I took a screenshot in case that would help:

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:55 pm
regular

flick wrote:
And, you're right, it's not your newness that makes you wrong. But you are still wrong.

That should be in the rules.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Originalname777:

"The World" is made up of people. Everyone has their own personal views that shape their own world. The fact that people on this site have differed from your argument shows that "The World" does not agree with the media's assumption that beauty=success/ happiness/ better-ness.

Don't continue to use all-inclusive terms like " The World" when it's readily apparent that "The World" does not agree with what you're saying.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:57 pm
* Spitelord

Men are equally vain and self obsessed.

You should put the words, "Very few" or "Business" up there to clarify. 'Cause I'm a guy and I know a lot of guys, and the only time we care how we look, is if we have pants on when other people are around. Sometimes not even then.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:29 pm
* Spitelord

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
+ Regular

Nny777 wrote:
Yes, occasionally ugly people leak into the media, but you think girls swoon over ugly guys?

Yes. Girls absolutely swoon over ugly guys. They may be embarassed to be seen in public with their beaus, but are attracted to them none the less.

Nny777 wrote:
I'm only being realistic.

Why do zealots always insist that their viewpoints represent objective reality? Isn't part of joining team Naked Indian Dance a frank realization of the fallability of the "one world, one belief" school of thought?

Nny777 wrote:
And just because I'm new doesn't mean that my point is any less valid.

Posting on ITM is not unlike driving a train; while anyone can yell "All aboard," that doesn't mean they know how to corner well.

Nny777 wrote:
It's just because I'm not moaning and bitching "Oh, it's so awful, the world is a terrible place, blah blah blah"

You TOTALLY paraphrased yourself, JUST NOW and AT THIS INSTANT. Your entire repertoire seems to consist of dull bitching, unfunny, insistent moaning, and overly redundant bitching AND moaning.

In your first post on this thread you CLEARLY express disapproval at the culture of asthetics--a boring, overoccupied opinion which could go without mention from its supporters or detractors and still be valid--and go on to ALSO state your membership in the culture of apathy. As well, please know that when you criticize our methods rather than our opinions, you imply (through the medium of BITCHING and MOANING) that the world is a terrible place. We are the world, small one, and we are unjust and awful.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2