View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 An old case 

Post An old case
I watched a documentary the other night (I remember having read about it before as well), but something just doesn't seem right about it.
It was about the murder of 3 little boys in West Memphis way back in 1993, and the 3 three boys who were in turn convicted of doing it.

The article I initially read is here;
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_m ... dex_1.html

Even though this happened over a decade ago, it's still pretty appalling.

Some of you might already have heard about it and most of you won't give a shit anyway, but I just wanted to know what any of you think about it? I can't be the only one who thinks there's something wrong here?

At the very least it's interesting, seeing as there's not much else to talk about around here.

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:54 pm
regular

Oh yeah, I read through that whole thing during the summer when I was bored at work. I don't recall where I heard of it. It was an interesting enough read at the time, although I can't claim to have any desire to re-read it. From what I remember, it is indeed appalling. The kind of judgemental behaviour and bias exhibited by the townsfolk and police was sickening. I'm glad I've never had to experience it in real life.

So yes, I agree with you.

Quote:
Damien Echols claims that he was found guilty long before the trial began because he was considered weird by many in the community, having practiced the Wicca religion and listened to the music of supposedly Satanic groups such as "Metallica."

Made me laugh pretty hard, too.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Should have directed the townsfolk's attention towards Some Kind Of Monster, really. Not so much Satanic madmen as therapy needing sissies.

Fucking Rock and Roll.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]