View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Where have all the spiters gone? 
* Spitelord

For the longest time I felt that being polite on the internet was just what a person should do.

Too much experience has taught me that being polite on the internet is the fastest way to make someone go shit-for-worth. The nicer you try to be with them, the worse they will become.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:25 pm
+ Regular

But that's why it's so much fun to be nice to people! It takes almost no effort to make them look like a jerk.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:56 am
Profile WWW
regular

Beaten up girls: I've been sketching more than I have been CGing lately, so I don't have anything recent. This was either done late last year or early this year (has it been a year already?) but that doesn't really count. This is more guro-y (Elfen Lied fanart!) but again, pretty old. She's not beaten up but she's missing all her limbs, so I guess that counts more than the other one does.

Excuse the random art whoring. I do not have an active DevArt account, but the one I had has art from 6th to 10th grade. It's ugly so I don't show it to anyone.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:27 am
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Awww, she's cute. If I had a chick like that, I'd call her little pet names like "my darling buoy" or "my sexy little tire chock." She could come to school with me in my backpack, and peek out at people, or I could duct-tape her to my leg, put on really baggy pants and sneak her into the movies.

A man can dream, Uchan. A man can dream.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:30 am
Profile WWW

Hey, man, if you get off on having flamewars, I'm cool with that. Just don't mistake my fighting back as the feeble whimpering of a pussy teen.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:43 pm

Wait, so if I take issue with the sort of shit you say to me, I'm whining. But if I don't say anything, I'm a passive little bitch. I guess the only way to "win" around here is to be one of the elite. Frankly I don't want to know what that takes.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
regular

Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Resurrecting this topic for the hell of it, discuss the initial post before I bleed you all.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:45 pm
+ Regular

All of the spiters have gone. I wonder if that means our work is done?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:28 am
Profile WWW

Work? I was under the impression that this was fun... I must have missed the memo.

I don't think its just the spiters that are gone though. This place seems desolate, and a shame too... some of the most interesting people I have ever interacted with are here.

Cdaaah, Nach, five, Neo, freezie, Eth... This place was always good for a laugh. I showed up here around the time Zim was starting, and there was a huge boom... idiot newbs coming in swarms.

There was always something to do.

Since the show was cancelled ((and because Vasquez seems to enjoy doing nothing)) there hasn't been an interest in him or his work.

Older members have moved on, staying connected within their respected generations, and any real reason to post here has been forgotten. As I am to take it Mods and SL's communicate regularly on the ICQ channel, or whithin each other via IM or whatever.

I stay in constant or at least semi-constant contact with Ethanol and Freezie myself. I see Inky on LJ ever once in a while, hell I even manage to witness CD an Nach post on occasion.

Maybe if we just change the name of the board from "The Jhonen Board" to something less restraining like "The Cocky-Dooky Massacre" this place might pick up and go.

Also, just to bring it up, If I remember correctly... I was the last person to EVER show up with some sort of news about J-Vizzle.

((Thats MY two cents))

Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
+ Regular

That's a little unfair. Nothing the rest of us have to say about him really qualifies as news.

I just updated my journal. Guinness showed me the error of reticence.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:59 am
Profile WWW

I never meant it in a way to sound like you're no good.
The joke was that, a little laugh, thats been misunderstood.
The truth is Vasquez hasn't done a thing to make us care,
so all were left to ponder is the color of his hair.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:05 am
Profile YIM WWW

Wed May 10, 2006 12:12 pm

You're absolutely right Rice, and if you can remember a time when things were the same then you should know not to revive dead threads with little more then a sentance as bland and pointless then your view on the way things are. Bad older member *slaps hand*, we have newbs a-comin', nobody should have to worry about three year old members breaking a simple rule.

Wed May 10, 2006 7:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next