View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 9 Beet Stretch 
regular

Post 9 Beet Stretch
This is old 'news', I am aware, but I never actually looked into it until today. Basically someone took a recording of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony*, and then digitally stretched it so that it lasts a full 24 hours! It's available for free download in 19 bite-size chunks here.
I'm listening to the first section now, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it hugely. Admittedly this could be because so much of the crap I listen to these days is almost as slow, but that's not the point. It's like some kind of weird atmospheric ambient music.

Anyway, the point of this post is to ask what y'all think of the concept. Is using technology to toy with a classic such as this an inspired step into the weird world of audio experimentation, or blasphemy of the highest order? Perhaps you think it's something in between. It's interesting to me, but not an excercise I would advocate repetition of. Thoughts, anyone?

*That's the one with 'Ode To Joy' in the fourth movement. You know it. Believe me, you know it.

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]