View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bottlecap was entertained. 
regular

Edited because of my filthy habit of moving files.

Last edited by inKy on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 12, 2006 6:53 pm
user

Much laughter and psuedo-philosophical thought took place as a result of this thread. That is all I have to say about that.

Now I'm searching for some Zelda guitar tabs(lets overlook this) when of all the random links I should find, it was a webcomic link. I was impressed more than a few times and so I felt it necessary to show you all. Though it's probably old news as usual, enjoy Ozzy and Millie.

http://tinyurl.com/jn7tx

Fri May 12, 2006 7:48 pm
Profile YIM

In the webcomic vein, I really enjoyed this Something Positive:

Mostly 'cause furries are hilarious.

Sun May 21, 2006 1:45 pm
regular

Monty Python never fails to amuse me.

Yes it does.
No it doesn't.
Yes it does.
NO IT DOESN'T!

Sun May 21, 2006 6:05 pm
* Spitelord

I have never been able to like the sompos although I've tried on many occasions.

The "their" mishap and misunderstanding of contractions SEALS THE DEAL! FUCK YOU SOMETHING POSITIVE! WE WILL NEVER BE FRIENDS!

Yelling at people who can't hear you is fun.

Mon May 22, 2006 8:57 am
user

Today I overheard a silly conversation regarding the 6th of this month, which was quickly disregarded as new evidence was found blah blah blah. Long story short, I laughed, oh how I laughed. Wannabe goths are cute sometimes. From a reasonable distance at least. Crazy kids and their dead weight.

And I was entertained.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:32 pm
Profile YIM

A junior of mine confided that she couldn't sleep at night because the 6th was so near, and she was sure something would happen. Despite her utter seriousness and the fact she was close to tears, I couldn't help myself.

I just pointed and laughed and laughed and laughed. And then some.

I think the poor dear hates me now.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:58 am
Profile WWW
user

Take it as a compliment, that someone would actually take the time to go beyond not caring about you and put thought towards being irritated by your existence. I'm a people person. I help people who fall down, despite obnoxious laughter and lame stabs at ones ability to function on a toddler level.

Yeah.

So I was watching some tv for once, and noticed a commercial that must've been on long enough for you lot to know about it. It wasn't the actual commercial that struck me, it was the fact that they had to say "Well, don't expect Red Bull to grow wings on your back and actually make you fly" or something along those lines. It was a stunning display depicting the idiocy of our kind. Then I thought back to when I wanted to be a gunfighting pirate and stopped laughing.

In any case, I was entertained.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:28 pm
Profile YIM
* Spitelord

I've never seen that commercial, but I remembered an old commercial for Guess Who? along the same lines, and Googled "game pieces do not actually talk." Ran across this list.

Sad.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:38 pm
Profile WWW

Oh dear god. I somehow didnt realize what this society was coming to. I once heard that someone had found a package of airline peanuts with directions that said "Open package. Eat nuts." All i can say is, wow. Just...wow.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Cadbury's Chocolate do a product called "Hazel in Caramel".
The box warns: "May contain nuts"

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:59 pm
regular

Apparently people with severe allergies are also stupid.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:02 pm
regular

Pish. Just cast your minds back to Douglas Adams' take on this particular phenomenon. It says it all really.
If the consumer is consistently treated like an idiot, will they begin to act accordingly? I'd like to see that one tested scientifically, although I suspect that I already know the answer. Still, nothing like a bit of empirical evidence, eh?

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Douglas Adams cannot be faulted. Especially on his method of achieving unaided human flight; Jump, and forget to fall. Makes perfect twisted sense, really.

But still, the rationalisation behind all this stuff is simply that the companies in question do not want to be sued. As a result, they have to add "Do not use in shower" to a hair dryer, "Not for personal hygiene use" on oven cleaner and "Not suitable for drying animals" on a microwave.

People are not just stupid, their devious about it, too.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:12 pm
regular

Meh, if they're too stupid to know that peanuts not only contain nuts, but are nuts, they deserve to die. I am a strong believer in weeding out the idiots; I say leave them alone and let them kill themselves. Hopefully the person has a stupid family, and they'll get taken out before they can sue.

Although, that thing about using the microwave to dry pets makes me want to take to the streets with an ax and get the idiots before they can harm their animals. Those bastards shouldn't be given other lives to look after.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:44 pm
user

The day I see a hammer for sale with "warning:blunt object" on it is the day I start handing out hammers.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:58 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next