View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Intros here! 

I'm new to this board, as you could probably have guessed by the fact that I'm writing an introduction. I only got into JV's work recently and haven't seen that much of it yet, but I like what I've read. I really admire his art style.

I'm 21, live in England, am a biology student, like raving, draw, keep tarantulas, and enjoy listing random and concise facts about myself, evidently.

Yeah, I'm done now. Let the ripping commence.

Sun May 21, 2006 3:40 pm

Warning: Object in computer screen is dumber than she appears.

I'm freshmeat, I stumbled upon this site as I investigated my newest obsession, Jhonen Vasquez.

Introducing myselves would take to long, so let's just say I like Vasquez's work a lot. I also like anime, manga, throwing random objects at people, and I draw...a lot. I live on the outskirts of a growing county, and I'm being followed by a Killer Whale. I swear it's in that lake, waiting....

Anyway, hello!

Mon May 22, 2006 8:49 am
I'm Liver. Take it however you like, I can't stop you anyway. Im 15 years old. I used to live in AZ and now I live in the wonderful, mystical dreamland that is known as Sandy Eggo. I don't really have a backstory about how I came to like Jhonen Vasquez or his works. I just do. I like to lurk around the boards, reading what people say about each other, so don't expect much commentary from me.

If you're interested, some of my hobbies are: old buildings, reading, writing, making playlists that are really long on my computer, and walking around town at night. I also like to throw jell-o over the fence surrounding my back porch, hoping I hit a cat. That's mostly it.
Later

Thu May 25, 2006 10:12 pm
Yeah for being new! Huzzah for sarcasm; though, seeing it on a screen isn't the same as reading it in a comic/book or hearing it in person. Damn.

I am 16, getting ready to go to a community college... and...

I have known about JCV since I was in the third grade - or so - but I didn't read it on my own. My mother would have maimed me. I did, however, get the third comic thrown in my face by my friends older brother - oddly named Johnny - and read a bit of it. I then went home, quoted it, and got my ass kicked by my mother. C'est la vie.

I just bought the Invader Zim series about... three/four months ago - though, I have watched it over and over again (so much that I can quote it every once in a while).

I like writing and art... I make websites when I am bored... and I like tacos. I once got in trouble for going to the abandoned houses at the back of my school - I took pictures of dead hobos and rats. I lurk. I dont say much, unless it is a subject I know, and if I have something insightful to say. I like... anime, and anything spooky or creepy (HP Lovecraft, Stephen King, etc.)

I have bored you enough. See you around... ((rather, 'read' ou around, if that makes ANY sense.))

Tue May 30, 2006 11:56 pm

Hi! I just got my account today and I'd like to say Hi! Ummmmm...
My obsessions are leaning on posts at my school, in a makeshift straitjacket/sweatshirt, and asking the parents toaring the school why they put the cat in the oven, Harrasing the people at the roundabout theatre company about shows with marmalade, and incredibly obese llamas. I HATE, I mean HATE the fact that Family Guy is invading everyones minds brainwashing them to think It's funny.
"Oh! They just made fun of the holocaust, but it's Family Guy so its fine."
"Oh my God! That kid is reading Jhonen Vasquez! He must be evil!"
Damn them.
Damn them all.
Yeah, so my introduction is getting pretty long and I'm ranting, so I'm going to end it now.
Here I go!
End

Wed May 31, 2006 12:01 pm

Hello, I got my account recently. I've been in to Jhonen's work for quite a while now and i'm a big fan of Invader Zim. I like to draw, and do art. Thats...about all.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:36 pm

Hello, my name is Schpeck. Long time lurker, first time poster. I already know what I'm in for. I just hope I can survive. So yeah, hello!

And yes, I know how to spell/type.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:29 pm

I suppose this would be a good place to make my first post.

Hello, my name is Ivan. I am a grown-up-sized boy from County Kerry originally - that's in Ireland. I recently discovered Jhonen Vasquez in my quest for extremely humorous literature, and I've been hooked ever since.

I've been lurking around a few message boards for a couple weeks, but this one is by far my favorite, so that's why I'm here. Pleasure to meet you all.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:47 am
Hello, I am Shorn. I am 20, living in North America and currently attending trade school. I was first introduced to this forum a couple of years ago, and now I am joining.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:41 pm

Hello people. I am Skitty, the new kid on the block. Meh, I'm not good at intros, but I'm a big Vasquez fan, so I hope I fit in here

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:34 pm
Well...Looks like this topics pretty much dead, but oh well. I didn't use my real name becaue well... I didn't feel like it. My real name is Larissa but call me whatever you feel like. I have my cousin to thank as she is the one who forced me to read the Director's Cut. I was deprived of Zim when he was on Nick...I hate that channle anyways...always have. Really dunno why... I wish I had money and a good comic store...But no, all I have is the JTHM Director's Cut.

Yeah...Like you care...

Damn I rambled...Forgive my stupidity. Sometimes my ass crack types. Don't ask because I can't explain it.

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:42 am

Hmm. I guess you people might call me Jenny. Most people call me Nny, but I don't see that happening on here. Yes, I stole it from Vasquez. No, it's not cause I think it's "cool" or whatever. It's because it sounds so much better than Jen or Jenny, and when someone yells "Nny!" I know they mean me.

I'm bisexual, Wiccan, vegetarian and dress in lots of black (purely for comfort and weight paranoia). I have a severe phobia of tapeworms.

I'm a sarcastic, cynical bitch. Which is probably why I adore Jhonen. I'm not particularly fond of people, but I always give chances. Sometimes too many. Sometimes people just worm their way into your heart and lay so many eggs that it takes years of extensive cleaning to get them out, right?

I don't make much sense. I'm tired...all the time. I probably don't like you.

I don't like bullies. They make me sick. I don't like prejudices of any kind.

I'm not popular, fashionable, funny, particularly clever or nice to mean people.

You may proceed to flame me in whatever fashion you choose.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:45 am

Hey-o. I am Eri, but you should know that 'cause it's my user name. Shame on you for not knowing. Okay... I have been lurking around this board for a while now, and finally decided to join. I have been training in the arts of not being a complete moron, so hopefully I won't be too annoying. I HAVE read the rules, but I might make a slip here and there. I also feel I have a pretty good idea of what I'm in for; maybe I can survive. Maybe I can't. (dramatic music)

Anyway... about me... I enjoy listening to music, reading (both real books and comics), drawing, sometimes writing, and surfing the internet for random junk. One of my most recent obsessions is the Abhorsen series. I'm reading it through for the second time (I read it once last year), and I'm currently on the second book - Lirael. The author is Garth Nix, and I highly recommend it to everyone. Along with music, I enjoy listening to 2 the Ranting Gryphon's rants, Dear2 Letters, and 2Sense. You can find them here.

So... yeah. That's pretty much everything I can think of right now.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm
i am thet great & powerful el philberto! you will feel my wrath...& it will be painful! you can also call me the dark lord amanda. im 15. i like to play cello & bass guitar & read. b/c im a spaz like that.

kinda off topic, but while im on here, can bad shit happen from eatin a brownie thats less than 1/2 baked. whoops :roll:

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:52 pm

I'm Vio I'm a 21 year old lady from the US. I have English trouble but I'm working on it I swear! I enjoy drawing, writing epics (by epics I mean long ass poetry not good poetry.), self deprocation, Nihongo, and hanging out with my friends. I enjoy Mr. Vasquez's work hence why I'm here. I also enjoy reading into things far deeper than what's there. I suppose if you want to know more feel free to PM me with questions.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:26 am
Profile WWW

Well after reading all those other horrible into-like posts I have come up with the best intro for me!

Here it goes!

The End.

Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next