View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Con yarns 
* Spitelord

Post Con yarns
If you've been to a comic book convention, you must have come out of it with something amusing or strange. For example, back in 98 the Trilogy Tour came to the Charlotte Heroescon. My friend was a huge Usagi Yojimbo fan (still is, actually) and she went to hand him some fan art she'd drawn of the rabbitty bodyguard himself to Stan Sakai. She was absolutely dumbstruck, practically mumbling and shaking. Unable to ask to take a photograph with him, she stumbled away from the long line, as I laughed at her awkwardness like only a true friend could. Some seven or eight years later, we flew to San Diego for the big Comic-Con, and she finally had the gall (not to mention the opportunity, no line) to get her picture taken with the old man. Just warms the cockles, don't it?

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:26 am
My one and only Con, of any nature, was SpiteCon.
I'll never look at peanuts the same way again.

My invisible cowboy hat made it home safely, by the way.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:32 am
* Spitelord

At Archon 30 last year, ryuuko and I went as slave girls, as usual. The only real addition was that we had our hair done up in pig tails on either side of our noggins. Apparently, this is a huge turn-on for Beavis, one of the guys we went with. He kept getting a little too friendly with us throughout the evening, including in front of his wife. Eventually, he went a little too far with me, so ryuuko punched him in the face. This pissed him off enough that he left the con immediately for home. The only time he's mentioned it was at Archon 31, under the influence of all sorts of things. No-one else brings it up, either. I loves that girl.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]