View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 My Jhonen-influenced art 

Location: "With my hands stretched out to the clouds and my feet chained to the ground"
Post My Jhonen-influenced art
Hello here is some art I have done over the years that has either been influenced by Jhonen or by people who influenced Jhonen himself (mainly H.R. Giger).
I hope you like it, and if you dont I have read the part in the rules about being critisized so I am ready if you dont like it.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p194/Aelix-_-/whee.jpg

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p194/Aelix-_-/?action=view&current=flower.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p194/Aelix-_-/Drawings/9.jpg

viola!

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:47 pm
regular

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:27 am

Post Re: My Jhonen-influenced art
Aelix wrote:
viola!

Indeed.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:30 am
Profile WWW

Location: "With my hands stretched out to the clouds and my feet chained to the ground"

Yea I did all of those with Paint. I just did this one I think two days ago....

Splodey Head

This one is one of my favorites, because of his happy, happy face. Ahhhh the look of a girl I showed it to was utter joy, first she was happy, even glad, to see such a cute frog. Then she saw the arm (to be more correct, the lack of an arm) and the smile went straight to a disgusted frown, the kind that precedes throwing up. Good times.
Frog

And last and best, a drawing that took me weeks to draw and lots of looking up H.R. Giger's work. You can see parts that I directly took from his art, and that the skull is also a horse-shoe crab (my second favorite animal, Jellyfish are the first)
Giger Drawing

Sorry you have to tilt your head, and for the blank spots. The only scanner I can get my hands on is a kind that you have to feed the paper through, like a fax machine. So I had to make a copy, cut it up, feed it to the machine, and then put it back together using Paint. I apologize.

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:53 pm

I think your irony was lost on it, Inky.
Better luck next time.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:41 am
KBKarma wrote:
Aelix wrote:
viola!

Indeed.

KB.
Yours was lost too, I fear. And such a pity.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:42 am

flick wrote:
KBKarma wrote:
Aelix wrote:
viola!

Indeed.

KB.
Yours was lost too, I fear. And such a pity.

Thanks. I was a little surprised as well.

Maybe I should have linked to Wiki instead?

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Post VIOLA!
Maybe some further visual explanation is required?

PS: There's no need to quote when yours is the next post, pookie.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:21 am

Interesting. Violets are part of a genus of flowering plants called violas. I didn't know that.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:10 am
Profile WWW

Huh. I never knew misspelling a synonym to saying "ta-da" at the end of a performance could lead to a discussion on musical instruments and plants. Since the discussion did not include my second set of drawings, here it is reposted.

Aelix wrote:
inKy wrote:

Yea I did all of those with Paint. I just did this one I think two days ago....

Splodey Head

This one is one of my favorites, because of his happy, happy face. Ahhhh the look of a girl I showed it to was utter joy, first she was happy, even glad, to see such a cute frog. Then she saw the arm (to be more correct, the lack of an arm) and the smile went straight to a disgusted frown, the kind that precedes throwing up. Good times.
Frog

And last and best, a drawing that took me weeks to draw and lots of looking up H.R. Giger's work. You can see parts that I directly took from his art, and that the skull is also a horse-shoe crab (my second favorite animal, Jellyfish are the first)
Giger Drawing

Sorry you have to tilt your head, and for the blank spots. The only scanner I can get my hands on is a kind that you have to feed the paper through, like a fax machine. So I had to make a copy, cut it up, feed it to the machine, and then put it back together using Paint. I apologize.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:01 pm
* Spitelord

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:04 pm
Profile WWW

Sorry for not going away immediatly, but I want to know why you think I "draw bad".

Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:25 pm
Look at a good drawing someone else has done on the net. Then look at yours, and you'll see.

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:42 am
* Spitelord

I like 'em. I like 'em a fuckton more than a certain waste of space poster in this thread.

Shitbags, ahoy!

Also, a year since the last post. Go go mildly uteral spongey pox reanimator powers..

Dickhead, Stevie. Dick.Head.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 am

Could you say anything more descriptive?

Sorry for not going away immediatly, but I want to know why you think I "draw bad".

You draw bad because when you draw, you make things that are bad. There's not much else to it.
You need to just start over from ground one, really. Forget how Jhonen Vasquez draws. You are not Jhonen Vasquez, and if you told him you were inspired by him it would probably make him cry, (except we all know Jhonen has no real human emotions, so he'd probably just give you a menacing glare).

Forget about Jhonen Vasquez and just learn from the ground up; the concepts of shapes and value and composition.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]