View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The WWH thread 
* Spitelord

Post The WWH thread
Is it just me, or does Hulk look weaker with weapons and armor than he did with just shredded pants and big cow-sized fists?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:38 pm
* Spitelord

See what I mean?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:44 pm
* Spitelord

It takes away from the mental impression that most people form that such things are unnecessary for him, because he will simply SMASH you.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

Unnecessary, and I'll go so far as to say redundant. The Hulk is a weapon. What does he need an axe for? He could dropkick the Moon if he wanted to.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
* Spitelord

The narrative at the beginning of the prelude does point out that he doesn't need a sword. Why give him one, then? How's he supposed to do his thunderous clap move with dumb knives in his hands? Think, people. Maybe there's a good reason for it in the Planet Hulk series that precedes WWH.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:01 am
* Spitelord

Planet Hulk as it should have been

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Post Spoiler?
Hopefully you will have read enough of WWH by now that this doesn't come as a shock to you, but the best part of the arc is the Hulk Fans. The people who like it when Hulk destroys people who have money and power. The people urging Hulk not to reconsider, to make good on his word to get revenge. It's just about the truthiest thing in there I've seen so far. The meek who are getting sick of waiting to inherit the earth, the people who have nothing, and therefore, nothing to lose. They are getting a real kick out of everyone with everything losing it all. I'd probably be right there with them.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:03 pm
* Spitelord

Those who did the right thing. Those people who were the nice guy, and who were rewarded with emptiness. Those who woke up every day with trust in their hearts, and tried to empower those around them. Those who were then, in turn, left behind. When they row their boats back towards the war zone, they're told they're going the wrong way.

They disagree.

Maybe they're just nutjobs who want to see it all fall. Hold up a sign and be a fanboy of the apocalypse.

Or maybe they've seen too much and know what's necessary.

Count me in.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Post WWH: X-Men #3
Total cop-out ending. Pfah! When I declare war on whole planet, no sob story will ever stay my hand.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:00 pm
* Spitelord

Agreed. I would have torn them down, one after one, until there was nobody left to think, or feel. Nobody left to cry over the past or the future. No room for anything but my rage, hatred, and the remains of a world that was never worth it.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Right. If they've suffered SO bloody MUCH, I'm doing them a favor smashing them out of existence.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:49 pm
* Spitelord

Someone, please get off your fat ass and explain to the Marvel Universe at large that fighting the Hulk in a conventional kick-punch-stab-poison-neck breaking manner is utterly pointless. Remind them what it is to be classified an Omega Level Threat. Stark's plan of moving all of New York into the negative zone is really the only thing that even has a chance of succeeding, and only if you ignore the fact that Hulk has made it back from a different reality once before already.

GIVE IT UP, LOSERS. Hulk smash.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:19 pm
* Spitelord

Heh, special guest cameo in WWH: Front Line #4.

Also saw Walter Sobchak from Big Lebowski in a comic a few weeks back. Wonder if it was the same artist...

Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:44 pm
Profile WWW

Someone, please get off your fat ass and explain to the Marvel Universe at large that fighting the Hulk in a conventional kick-punch-stab-poison-neck breaking manner is utterly pointless. Remind them what it is to be classified an Omega Level Threat. Stark's plan of moving all of New York into the negative zone is really the only thing that even has a chance of succeeding, and only if you ignore the fact that Hulk has made it back from a different reality once before already.

GIVE IT UP, LOSERS. Hulk smash.

I still remember seeing Deadpool try take on the Hulk. He needed the Hulk's blood in order to return his regeneration to near its normal levels.

He was petrified, but managed to force some kind of draw by getting Hulk to impale himself on a big pole.

He then got the blood he needed, and ran for it as fast as possible. His regenerative abilites work fine now, but he can't regrow limbs anymore.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

I think I remember that. Not only did Deadpool not technically beat the Hulk, but he wasn't facing the Hulk that we have now. Nacho found the Planet Hulk storyline, showing the hell he had to go through to reach his current power level, so I'm not even sure Deadpool could have accomplished what he did now.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:12 am
* Spitelord

Post uh NO

Oh PLEASE.

Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next