View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Insomnia En Masse 
* Spitelord

Post Insomnia En Masse
The Insomnia Thread.

Share your experiences, things you do to try and get rid of it, odd thoughts you're having during it, etc.

I'll start it off on a lighter note.

I had it pretty badly and consistently for two years during college. I would wake up around four AM every morning, and the moment the sun would even hint at rising, the faint light would keep me awake. As this kept happening time after time, one morning I snapped and frantically tried duck-taping cardboard over every single inch of my window, and when I ran out of cardboard, I moved on to objects. Of course, a few minutes after I had blocked out all the light to my satisfaction and settled back down in bed, the whole sticky make-shift mess came tumbling down on top of me with a loud riiiip.

At the time it was an incredibly frustrating moment, but in retrospect I kind of wish someone had been there to laugh at me. It must have been quite a sight.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:56 pm
* Spitelord

Staying the hell away from people cures me of insomnia. People seem to leave a nasty mental-residue on me that drives me a bit batty, and makes my head too noisy to sleep. A few months of avoidance cleanses me, and I'm right as rain!

I fucking hate people! :D

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
* Spitelord

Midterm season just ended for me, as of yesterday, so I hadn't been sleeping that great. Didn't really help to have some lady in my room either; I'm taking forever to get used to the idea of a room mate. My problem wasn't so much insomnia as just being too stressed to sleep. I tend to think of insomnia as not having a reason I can put a finger on. What helped for me was finding stuff to make me giggle and forget about midterms, shortly before bed. And being sung lullabies in Swedish. That was a big helper, too.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:56 am
* Spitelord

Alcohol may help you fall asleep initially, but when it wears off I have as hard a time as ever catching some Zzs. I still can only sleep when I'm very tired, like after being awake 18-20+ hours. That, or when I haven't gotten enough sleep in several days. Always when sleep comes to me, it's more or less unannounced or unexpected. Half the time I fall asleep sitting upright while doing something in the computer. Other than that, the only time I can sleep is when there is silence and pitch darkness (a luxury many people simply don't get).

Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]