View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Neverwhere 
regular

Post Neverwhere
I didn't realize until a good while after I read Neil Gaiman's book of the same name, that it was a TV series first. I had tried watching it, but I didn't like it at all. Then Munky found the series again, and I decided I would try once more. The second time around I really liked it. The actors aren't anything like how I imagined the characters, and that usually annoys me too much to watch something I've read first, but they are all wonderful actors and won me over rather quickly. The Marquis de Carabas, who was my favorite character and therefore the most important part of the TV show for me, is nothing like how I imagined him, but he works so well. The show is six episodes long, each one about 28 minutes. So, if anyone likes Gaiman and enjoyed Neverwhere the book, I'd recommend finding the series and giving it a try. Munky and I both have enjoyed what we've seen.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 pm
* Spitelord

I have never read Neverwhere, but now I shall do both!

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:50 pm
regular

I just finished watching the series just now, actually. Good stuff, hey. They mostly didn't look like I imagined either with the notable excepts of Islington and Mr. Vandemar, but they did feel right. Mr. Croup had a suitable sense of evil obscenity about him, Richard was the right kind of bumbling, inept everyman, and so forth. I guess it's to be expected as the novel was based on the show rather than the other way around, but it was still very good to see. I did miss the big of extra backstory the book provides, but it wasn't really a big deal.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
regular

The dude who plays the Marquis de Carabas is Johnson (a recurring character) in Peep Show. He's pretty awesome. Just saying.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]