- Q: How do I pronounce Jhonen's name
- A: The first half sounds like 'Joe', the second half 'nen' like you'd say pen. Say it with me now, Joe...Nen. Now put it all together... Jhonen. See, that was easy!
- Q: Where can I find Jhonen related merchandise?
- A: You can order all of Jhonen's comics, as well as shirts, posters, and toys related to the comics online at slavelabor.com, or visit their office at 848 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126 and pick up what you want in person during regular business hours. You can also check your local comic stores for SLG merchandise. Many retailers will be happy to order something for you if they don't have it in stock. If you keep ordering enough, maybe it will convince them they need to keep more of it in stock, and you'll be helping to see that your local store carries more independent comics and related merchandise. Go you! You can also purchase a good deal of Jhonen's comic related merchandise at Hot Topic. Hot Topic is also the place to turn if you're looking for Invader Zim related merchandise.
- Q: Do you know where I can find complete scans of Jhonen's comics online?
- A: No, cough up the few measly coins it would take you to buy them, you cheap bastard!
- Q: Is it true that Invader Zim was cancelled?
- A: Yes. This had been independently confirmed by Jhonen Vasquez, Roman Dirge, and Rikki Simons. However, Nickelodeon will be putting it back on the air to play the good number of completed but as of yet unaired episodes, including the Christmas special. Zim is not, and will not be 'uncancelled'. As Jhonen himself put it:
"ZIM IS so very cancelled. With the Christmas episode included, there will be 27 episodes in total. The idea of another network picking it up is unlikely. Anything's possible but I have no say in any of that as the network owns the show completely. In just such a magical world where ZIM starts up production again, it would not be with my supervision."
- Q: Where can I find Invader Zim episodes online?
- A: If you don't know the answer to this, you don't belong on the internet.
- Q: What is Jhonen's email address?
- A: It is email@example.com.
- Q: What's Jhonen's AIM?
- A: Don't know, and don't care!.
- Q: When is Jhonen's birthday?
- A: Jhonen was born September 1st, 1974.
- Q: Does Jhonen have a website?
- A: questionsleep.com
- Q: What does Z? mean?
- A: "Question sleep."
- Q: Is Jhonen making more JTHM? / When will there be more JTHM? / Come on, what about JTHM?
- A: Word from Jhonen:
"I am NOT working on JTHM right now. People who want to see me doing only Johnny for the rest of my life can go choke on their own lack of variety and die politely. I've had ideas for Johnny stuff for awhile, but these are floating in a miasma of other, quite pushy ideas in my head. Don't fear the unknown, poops."
- Q: What is Jhonen working on now, then?
- A: Nothing, as far as I can tell!
- Q: What's with the board and chat room? Why are you all assholes?
- A: Because it's fun.
- Q: I'm on AOL, and I can't get into the chat and sometimes the board doesn't work.
- A: AOL sucks and they have much more than their share of clueless and intentionally lame idiots. Java chat is disabled for AOLers, and they will need to download a separate IRC client if for some insane reason they want to access our mean little chat room. Instructions for doing that are available on the chat page. If you find yourself banned on the board, you're just SOL until you get a new ISP.
This FAQ is Sunder's. If you gank it, in part or in whole, just give me credit.